Monday, May 25, 2015

Starting the week early

I was invited to the volunteer appreciation breakfast at Spencer's school because I volunteered in his class for Art Masterpiece.  The breakfast started at 7:45 last Monday.  Um, it's nice to be appreciated, but perhaps the appreciation could occur later in the day.

Elliott tagged along, because there was no where else for him to go.  I also spent 75% of my time there cleaning up after him.  It's fine.  It's not like I was eating anyway. The menu consisted of bagels, donuts and muffins so I had a small cup of coffee and ate once we got home.

Spencer and I took some selfies,

and then his teacher got there and took this of us.  She moved the flowers on the table to be closer to us for an overall more appealing picture.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.
Then Spencer took this one.  Pictures are always much more flattering when you are looking up at the camera, not down.
After breakfast Elliott and I headed home and worked on staining the cabinet doors of the island.  And then Megan came over.  She was in town for a short visit and we were so happy to spend some time with her and Hollis.  Hadley was having another play date so we missed her.

When Spencer got home from school I specifically took this picture,

to compare to this picture when Elliott was two days old.

Side by side!

And one of Megan and Hollis.
That night, when Michael got home from work, we went to buy more stain because I didn't have enough for three coats on each side of the cabinet doors.  Buying that can pretty much guarantees that I will be starting on the rest of the cabinets in the kitchen in the next few weeks.  Blech.

After we bought the stain we went to a restaurant where we have never been, specifically because kids ate free on Monday.  We weren't really paying attention to the address and it was much further than we realized.  Thank goodness it was tasty.





And Elliott was a mess again.
Tuesday was our niece, Bella's, first birthday and Michael's mom's birthday.  Since Bella is in Florida and Grandma is in Tucson we had to send long distance wishes via facebook.

After we took and sent those pictures Spencer convinced me to go running with him.  I absolutely loathe running.  I wish I didn't, but I do.  This was pre-run.
I brought my phone with me so we could listen to music while we ran.  I made him stop in the park to take a picture, mostly because I needed a break.
We ended up doing a mile and a half, but Spencer probably did more because he ran faster than me and would run back to check on me.  We also did a bunch of jumping jacks, some lunges and some squats.

Elliott had physical therapy on Wednesday.  He got to ride the therapy bike all over the hospital.


And took an amazing nap that afternoon.  Spencer took this picture as a way to try to get him up.

Spencer also took this picture.

And then followed Ginger for a cuddle when she ran away from him.

I worked on Thursday and took no pictures.  I also worked on Friday where I went on a field trip with all of the special education kids. I took a ton of pictures, but I can't share any of them.  And then, that night, I drove to Tucson by myself for a very short visit. But that will be the next post and you'll have to wait for it.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Nicely done with the side by side comparison pics. Obviously Elliott looks completely different, but it's amazing how Spencer has totally lost his "babyness" too. Megan looks the same aside from different cute hairstyles. :)

Have you considered Scotchguarding Elliott? It would probably save you a lot of time and napkins. I love his face on the therapy bike, by the way!

I still laugh to myself when I think about you and your drill sergeant out on a run. I hope Ellie never gets that crazy idea.

Sherry said...

Yay for appreciation breakfasts but boo for being way too early. I don't do early. Haha! Love the pictures of you and Spencer. And yay for visits from Megan! I am so jealous of you girls' longtime friendship! I have to say it...I am kind of glad you will be "forced" to begin the rest of the kitchen cabinets earlier. Haha! I can't wait to see how it all looks! Yay for kids eat free restaurants...we hit those up as often as we can! What a thoughtful way to send birthday wishes from afar! Another of our differences...I used to like running. Of course, I would likely die now because I haven't run in forever. Sigh. It is on my bucket list. Haha! So I guess you can be the swimmer and diver, and I can be the runner. And I seriously glanced at that sleeping picture and thought it was Spencer. Haha!