Monday, May 4, 2015

Spirit Week

Last week was Spirit Week at Spencer's school.  The schedule came home on Friday, so it didn't give us very much time to put together outfits, but luckily, we're pretty well stocked in all sorts of fun and themed clothing.

Monday was USA/Patriotic Day.  I went to Target to buy some other stuff on Sunday.  I saw this tank top and thought Spencer might like it, so I texted a picture to Michael to show him.

Except the gremlins in my phone turned it turquoise and cranberry.  Not so patriotic.

There, that's better.

In the end, I bought this shirt because he'll get a lot more use out of it.

Monday

On Monday night both kids randomly agreed to take a bath because we had some time to kill before bed.  Elliott hasn't taken a bath in over a year.  He insists on showers.  And Spencer has only taken bleach baths when he needs them.  It was nice to sit there and read a magazine while they soaked.

We woke up on Tuesday morning to Ginger being crazy again.
Tuesday was Favorite Character from a Book Day.  We decided on Thing 1 from The Cat in The Hat.  Not because that is Spencer's favorite, but because we had everything we needed to do it.

I even mixed blue food coloring in with hair putty and dyed his hair blue.


Wednesday was Favorite Super Hero Day.  I was thinking more along the lines of Superman, Batman, Thor, etc., but Spencer insisted that Mario is a Super Hero.  He said his teacher said a Super Hero can be anybody you want, even your mom or dad.  But apparently he doesn't think of us as Super Heros.

Spencer brought home the best book of the year that day.  Can you see the title?

The Spencer School Sleepover

Thursday was Sports Day.
And Friday was Hawaiian Day.  I had already left for work when Michael took this picture.  As I was loading it I asked why in the world he didn't have Spencer wear the Hawaiian flower lei that he wore all day at school for the picture.  He just gave me a blank, deer-in-the-headlights stare.  This is why Michael is not responsible for the picture taking in our family.  Because he's not responsible.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Okay, I don't get these phone gremlins and weird color changes. Haha! Yeah, I don't think the turquoise and cranberry are going to work for patriotic day. ;-) How funny that Elliott wants to take showers already. I can't drag Brody out of the bath usually. Evan has been taking showers for a couple of years now though. He even sings songs in there. Taylor Swift songs are a favorite. Hehe! Nope, I will never let him forget that. And I haven't seen Evan's new school do a spirit week yet. Boo. Must be this pathetic state, huh?