Tuesday, October 28, 2014

And so it begins

The wedding weekend extraordinaire is over.  We all had a blast.  And we are all exhausted.  It took me two days to even consider sitting down and starting to blog about everything.  There is nothing like a flurry of fun activities to remind you that you are no longer young and spry, but are, in fact, middle aged and tired.

I had to work on Thursday (for a huge variety of reasons it was impossible for me to switch days and take the day off) so I missed the "Spa Day" for Monica.  I did take a picture of myself at work.  Enjoy it.  It's the only picture of me from that day.  Monica set up a page on WedPics.com where people that attended all of these events can upload their pictures.  I did a bad job of photographing on Thursday so I got a lot of these pictures from there.  Things have changed so much since I got married.  There was no facebook, no instagram, no smart phones and no apps.  We didn't even have digital photography out our wedding.  Now I am getting the photos of people I don't even know from a website and I'm uploading them to my blog.  Crazy times.

At work.  At least it was an easy day.

The girls at the spa.  It was the bridesmaids and the wives of a few of the groomsmen.


I met the ladies at the very end of the spa day.  

Then it was time to head to Monica's dad's house for a pizza dinner.   Michael and the kids met me there.








Spencer looks like he is crying here, but he really wasn't.  He's just making an ugly face.  I'm not sure why.



After the pizza dinner we brought Brittany (Monica's step-sister) back to our house to sleep because her bedroom was being used by other relatives.  We put the kids to bed and then Brittany and I baked breakfast cookies for the breakfast that Monica's mom hosted the next morning.

Friday morning we were up early.  We packed and got ready for what was going to be a very busy day.

Up first.  Breakfast.














Up next: The rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner BBQ.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding. From what you posted on Facebook, it was absolutely beautiful. I LOVE your dresses!!!

Jeannette said...

Once again, I read these posts forever ago, but am finally getting around to commenting.

It's crazy to me how much wedding-ing has changed in the decade since we were planning ours (and the more than for yours).

Also, such a lovely work selfie at the start of this post :)