Monday, June 30, 2014


Ugh.  Well, my blogging funk continues.  I was hoping to get caught up on reading, commenting and writing over the weekend.  That didn't happen, obviously.
I don't have much of my own blogging to catch up on though.  This is a screen shot (from about 20 minutes ago) from my Olympus photo download program.  I haven't downloaded any pictures in an entire week.  I usually do it at least once a day, and sometimes two to three times a day. 
So, in order to get caught up on the very little catching up that needs to be done, we'll go back to June 17th.  The kids put their stuffed animals on Ginger in the morning before I left for work.
She equal parts loved it and felt embarassed by it.
On Thursday the 19th Elliott got his hair cut at a non-kid place for the first time ever.  He did wonderfully.  No crying, no complaining and no whining.  He even sat still during the whole haircut.


He got a little corn syrup based ice cream from McDonald's as a reward.
On Friday Spencer had his allergy shots.  It had been 4 weeks since his last one.  We usually go every 3 weeks but there was seriously not a single day for 4 weeks in which we could make it.
I don't know if it was the timing or what, but both his arms got really, really swollen after.  They were normal by the next morning though.

On Saturday Spencer begged us to let him sleep on the floor.  Whatever.

Then on Sunday I woke up and decided I just had to paint the little entryway in the garage.  I saw some nice pins on pinterest about making your garage entryway pretty because it is what you see every day. I totally agree. I had been thinking about doing it for a few weeks and was going to wait until it was cooler, but instead I nearly killed myself via dehydration and overheating and painted while it was 108 degrees outside.

The paint is leftover from the bathroom in our first house.  We already had all the signs and I moved the paper wreath from inside to this door.  The only thing I bought was the new lightswitch cover, so the total budget was $6.
I'd still like to paint the door black some day, but for now I am happy with the results.
OK.  Now that this is done, I promise to try to work through my summer time blogging fatigue this week.


Valerie said...

How's Elliott doing with the sleep situation?

I'm immensely jealous of your haircuts with him, by the way. Green is my color, for sure.

Jeannette said...

That swelling is kinda scary. Glad it went down on its own. I wonder if the heat had anything to do with it too?
Does it drive you crazy that the boys are on different haircut schedules or would actually be worse if they were on the same? Just wondering (you know, as someone who has never taken their kids for a haircut).
Lovely garage makeover. I love projects with a big impact and no real new investment.

Sherry said...

Congrats to Elliott for being a big boy in the hair cut chair! Brody has been a bit of a challenge so I have actually resulted to cutting his hair lately. He really does well for me though so I feel that he gets a better cut. Yikes, painting in a garage in summer...I am not even that brave here in the south. It really looks great. Our garage entrance is so ugly, but our front entrance isn't much better. It needs major improvements which we are not willing to make. Yours is another pinterest-worthy project! ;-)

Cat said...

The entry looks great, nice work!