Saturday, December 21, 2013

Elliott's 2 year glamour shots- take 1 and 2

We took Elliott into the portrait studio on Tuesday for his 2 year pictures. 
 
It was a nightmare.  It was crowded, we were stressed and he just lost it.  We're talking threw himself down on the ground, screamed, cried, tried to run away and had a full scale melt down with flailing arms and legs.
 
I'm not even showing you all of the pictures of him on the floor, because they all look something like this:


Luckily, or unluckily, the photographer didn't take any pictures with him actually sobbing.  She caught semi-happy moments in between the tears.  I kind of wish we could have videotaped the whole ugly incident so I could play it at his high school graduation AND wedding reception.  
 
Towards the end, right before we gave up and left we did get 2 semi-cute pictures.
 
This one is pretty good, but you can see the tag in the back of the overalls and that drives me absolutely bonkers.
Luckily I had a special birthday coupon and when I used it I was able to order two 5x7's of the above picture and two 5x7's of the below picture and the coupon covered the entire thing.  I had planned on using the below picture to hang on "the wall" next to Spencer's 2 year picture.  I wasn't thrilled about it, but it would have to do.
I stressed out about it all week.  I just knew that we could do better.
 
After we realized, last night, that Elliott can be bribed with candy I made another appointment and we decided we were going to power through.
 
I'm so glad we did.  My heart is happy and I am content until he turns 3.  You can totally tell he has candy in his mouth in some of these and I don't even care.  We kept giving him teeny tiny bites of jelly beans to keep him cooperating.  Next time we'll use a less chewy candy.  Live and learn.  Live and learn.















3 comments:

Jeannette said...

Haha, the jelly bean mouth! And no one makes lying on the floor throwing a fit look cuter!

Sherry said...

I don't know why I didn't comment on this, but I love all the pictures in both photo sessions. That Elliott is just a show stealer for sure. He and Brody are just rocking that head resting on the hand look lately. Haha! But yes, the jelly bean faces are definitely worth the second photo shoot.

Cat said...

Who knew pictures could be so stressful!