Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day in Tucson

We spent Father's Day weekend in Tucson. 
 
We drove down on Friday afternoon and drove back home on Sunday afternoon.
 
On Saturday:
 
Ginger took a nap in a very uncomfortable-looking spot,
 
Spencer built a great tower,
 
Michael and I left the kids with his mom and went to lunch,
 
and the movies,

Elliott tried out my new sunglasses,

 
and Spencer was very angry at his dinner.
On Sunday morning we got up and opened presents.  We gave my dad new loppers, chocolate and a cute sign for his workshop.   
 
 
Michael got gum, chocolate, jeans and a swim shirt.
Do you remember last year when we gave Michael a frame with pictures of the kids holding the letters D-A-D?
 
(2012)
Well.  I'm crazy enough to keep up this new tradition, so we also took new D-A-D pictures last week.  It's just unfortunate that I ordered the wrong size prints for the frame.



 
Ginger took another very uncomfortable-looking nap.

 
And we took a pretty decent family picture.
We weren't planning on going out for dinner, but by the time we got home, unloaded the car and unpacked, I didn't feel like cooking anything.  So.  We went out.  The food was good, the service was horrible. 
 
We were more than ready for a little dip in the pool by the time we got home.


It wasn't until I started downloading photos for this post that I realized I never got a picture of Michael with the boys when we took our family photo. This will have to be good enough for the Father's Day 2013 photo.
 
2008
 
2009 
 
2010 
 
2011 
 
2012 
 
2013 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Always nice to see Dad's enjoying their kids. I am always a little jealous of how much our boys love their daddy. Haha! Well, except for the fact that Brody now tries to give Daddy tongue...he can have those! Yuck! I love those DAD pictures...definitely a great yearly tradition. :-)