Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Did I tell you about this?

I feel like I told you about this. But a 30 second search of my blog didn't turn up anything, so maybe I put it on facebook.
Sorry if this is old information.
 
At the end of April, April 29th to be exact, Elliott and I were playing in the family room during that tedious hour after lunch but before picking up Spencer from school.  I was looking at the area over the fireplace. At 2:10 I decided that I wanted to paint it.  At 2:12 I started taping around the edges and at 2:17 I put on the first coat.  At 2:30 we left to get Spencer and at 3:10, after we were back and Elliott was asleep, I did the second coat.
 
I used the left-over red paint from our bedroom.
 
I pretty much love it.
 
It looks nice with the art work to the right.
 
And the family photos to the left.
I was going to do a "This Is Our.......Something" post for today, but I'm all out of steam.  I worked two days in a row so I could take the rest of the week off.  After almost six years of part time work it's hard for me to do two days in a row.  Plus we started swim lessons this week.  It's like five times the work to take two kids to swim lessons compared to one kid.
 
Elliott has a blood draw today.  9:30.  It's going to be awful.  His haircut was like the 2nd circle of hell, and it didn't involve puncturing a vein.
 
Think about us, K?

2 comments:

k and j said...

Love the paint job! And ugh, poor little Elliott. I hate doing stuff like that to unassuming babies :( they just don't have a clue and you can't explain it to them. Sad stuff!! Good luck!

Sherry said...

Oh, I really do love the mantle! I definitely think it needed the color to show off the architectural detail...and the awesome mirror too. Okay, Elliott's little "sad" face in that box makes me want to kiss and squeeze him (I'm telling you, I am a stalker of cute little boys). I hope he and you made it through that horrible blood draw today, and that you reward him with some ice cream or other sweet treat afterwards. Eddie is going to be taking Evan to swim lessons, and I don't envy him a bit. I can just imagine the battle he is probably going to have because the kid can be stubborn. Of course, once he tries doing whatever it is we are encouraging him to do, he usually ends up loving it. He is just not like other boys who will just jump in there and be adventurous. *Sigh*