Tuesday, June 18, 2013

18 month blocks

I am not a photographer.  I have a tiny point and shoot camera, I know nothing about staging photos and my lighting is horrible.  I'm pretty good at centering and I've gotten better at not cutting heads off, but that's all I've got. 
 
My lack of photo taking skills is clearly evident in this series of 18 month block photos.  The blocks are too bright, Elliott is too dark, he's too far away (although that was intentional because he kept throwing the blocks on the ground), there is a glare from the flash on the countertop and the background is a disaster.




 
These are not much better.....






This is what we finally picked to be "the picture", mostly because this entire family was sick and tired of trying to get a good monthly picture and a good 18 month block picture.
 
The whole series, thus far.
I actually have ideas for about 4-5 blog posts this week. 
 
Say what? 
 
They are all more interesting than this one.


2 comments:

Sherry said...

He's adorable, and I love seeing his pictures! I always love the block pictures and your OCD at always making sure you take them on time. Haha!

Cat said...

I was just telling someone about your block pictures a couple of days ago and there's another one. :)
P.S. I'm almost caught up.