Thursday, May 30, 2013

36

Six years ago Michael turned 30 on May 30th and I threw a big Golden birthday party for him.

There was no big party this year, but I did hang our felt Happy Birthday banner for the first time.  I got it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay on sale at Hobby Lobby a few months ago.
And I decorated the entry way to the kitchen with balloons and streamers so that Michael would have a nice surprise when he got up this morning.
Michael and I both worked today.  It's funny how life just keeps going even when it is your birthday.  I had a really busy day.  It was the last day of school at my job.  I work through summer school so it wasn't my last day, but I had a lot I needed to get done before the official school year was over.
 
My brother Nick came up from Tucson this afternoon because Michael, Elliott and I haven't seen him since October and he's leaving for sea again soon. 
 
Spencer spent a couple days with him in Florida so they are good buddies now.
My dad flew back from Savannah today.  My mom dropped him off at the airport and then drove to Charleston to visit her cousin for a week (hey Sherry-you should get together with her for lunch!  Ha ha!). I think it's funny that Spencer, my mom and my dad all flew to Florida together but they are all flying home separately and from different cities.
 
Michael picked my dad up at the airport and then we all went out for dinner.
 
Then we went home and John and Maryellen came over for mocha tres leches cake and coffee ice cream.

 
Presents! 
 
Elliott kept himself occupied.

 
Spencer made this tie with our sitter, Dorothy, today. 
It says To Michael, Love Spencer.



 
The first birthday that I celebrated with Michael was his 20th.  I remember giving him a key chain, a t-shirt and a baseball hat.  Four more birthdays and I will have been with him for half his life.  Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, it looks like you were very good to Michael for his birthday! I love that he and Eddie are about the same distance apart in age as you and I. Eddie was 35 in January. Yes, I give him a hard time about getting old. Hehe! And yes, I would love to meet your mom and get to visit Charleston...it is such a great place to visit which is why I really wanted to go for our anniversary but alas everyone thinks it is too far for me to travel in my condition. :-( That birthday cake sounds amazing. Oh Elliott, I am sure the cake tastes much better than that! Haha!

Cat said...

Happy Belated Birthday Michael!