Thursday, May 16, 2013

17 Months

17 Months
 
Date
May 16, 2013
 
The official 17 month picture
Weight/Size
I have no idea.  We haven't had him on the scale in a few weeks.  He seems taller to me in the last week or so, but I haven't measured him.  We made the big move to size 5 diapers.  They are plenty roomy.
Sleep
We had some very early wake-ups in Tucson over Mother's Day weekend.  Elliott is used to sleeping in a very dark room and my parent's room was just not dark enough for him.  He is usually going to bed around 9 pm and gets up around 7:30 am.  He is a rockstar napper lately, taking deep, intense naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon.  Yesterday he slept 4 hours straight (although he had been up for 3 hours straight during the night).
 
 After several nights of screaming and crying when I laid him in bed I am back to rocking him to sleep at night.  It's just not an issue that I am willing to force right now.
Movement
FINALLY walking!  And walking like a champ.
 
He also started blowing kisses last week.
Communication
Elliott has around 50 words in his vocabulary.  I'm not keeping track of them anymore though.  I know he started saying "up" and "cool" last week.  He asks for "wa" (water) when he is thirsty.  He says "nigh nigh" when it is bedtime. 
Food
Hmmm.  Nothing new that I can think of.  I did let him eat some of Spencer's vanilla frosty (that I was using as a bribe for Spencer) a few weeks ago.  So basically I fed both of my kids frozen high fructose corn syrup by the spoonfull.
 
Nursing schedule is the same: naps and night.  He can ask to nurse now.  He calls it Na, which is exactly what Spencer called it.
Teeth
He is slowly cutting the tooth on the bottom to the right of the middle tooth.  It is taking forever to come in.  No sign of any molars yet.
Favorites
Reading
Playing in water (tub/water table/sprinkler)
Walking!
Smoothies for breakfast (just fruit, milk and yogurt blended together) 
 
"I caught a fish and it was THIS big" 
 
I couldn't resist adding some walking pictures.


 


 
And this one, for a comparison (see below).
 

The Comparisons
 
Spencer and Elliott in the same chair at 17 months.
 
(Look at poor Spencer's cheeks covered in eczema.)
 
Elliott at 5 months (May 2012) and Elliott at 17 months (May 2013) in the same chair.
 
Spencer (20 months) and Elliott (17 months) in the same outfit. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

The walking pictures were definitely a must...they are too cute! I love how proud they are of themselves when they master something. And those comparison pictures are great. I mean, is that really the same Elliott? Spencer's little case of eczema makes me think of Brody. We have been battling his and he has a spot on his cheek that keeps flaring up. We lather him every night, and it will look better in the morning but be back to red by the end of the day. Happy 17 months, Elliott!