Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter happenings

We went to Tucson for Easter weekend.  We were there for two nights and it just wiped me out.  I'm not sure if that makes me like a toddler or like a 90 year old, but jeez, I should be better able to handle a weekend away.  We've been back since Sunday evening and it took until Wednesday night for me to find the energy to blog.  So, sorry about my week long, unexpected hiatus.
 
We had a lovely Easter.  I can remember last year Spencer woke up early on Easter morning and when he came to get us I was so tired that I was literally paralyzed.  I begged him to wait 1 more hour. Can you believe we made that poor kid wait to get his basket and treats?  I had probably been up with Elliott like 3-4 times.  Thank goodness those days are behind us.
 
This is our Easter:
 
Ginger was an Easter Beagle.
 
The boys got a 2nd Christmas in the form of Easter Baskets.



 
 
Spencer was all about finding eggs and candy.

 
Elliott hated the hunt, wanted nothing to do with it and had to be forced to participate.

 
 
These were the best pictures we got all day.


 
Elliott did like his goldfish crackers.
We went to church.  It was a disaster.  Elliott was cranky, Spencer was cranky and we were cranky because of their crankies. 
 
We took family pictures at church, 

 
and at home.
 
This was last year:
I wasn't even trying for a recreation this year, so I was impressed.
 

Spencer cooperated for an individual picture.
 
Elliott did not. 
 
He did eat a lot of bread and ham though. 
 
Spencer and my mom made a bunny cake together.

 
 
 Spencer hung out with the boys.
And every person at our Easter gathering was wearing blue without it being discussed or planned or anything.
Yay.  I did it.  I deserve a ticker tape parade for finishing this post.  I do actually have more fun things to blog about (Spencer lost his first tooth!) so I will be better about my timeliness.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Awww, I am so glad you had a great Easter with family! And how cute is Elliott's little bunny booty? I have been feeling pretty crummy and am trying to "catch up" on blog reading. I also nominated you for another Liebster award if you want to join the fun. :-)