Monday, March 18, 2013

Uncle Nathan on Monday

My brother flew into Tucson on Thursday.  A friend he has had since 1st grade was getting married over the weekend and he wanted to be there for the big day.  He flew out of Phoenix, so he stopped by to see us for a few minutes on the way to the airport. 
 
To keep Elliott from crying, crawling away or standing and playing with the shutters while we took pictures I had to bribe him with a cracker.
Nathan is graduating from law school in May.  My parents are taking Spencer to Florida with them for the ceremony.  Before that they are going to Disneyworld and the beach.  Nathan and Spencer were making big plans to go to the zoo in Tampa too.



Elliott took another fantabulous nap today.  I didn't hear a peep out of that kid for 3 hours.  Instead of doing overachiever things like making lotion bars, doing home improvement tasks and exercising during his nap, I sat on the couch and watched TV.  I did manage to fold some towels and wash one load of laundry too. 
 
So remember when, on Saturday, I said that Elliott no longer nursed to sleep and then he nursed to sleep two times in a row?  And remember when I said I didn't think he was ever going to cut any new teeth?  Well, one poked through today.  It's like he is going out of his way to prove me wrong.  I'm now going on the record to say that I don't think it's possible for him to be potty trained by 18 months.  (Too much?)
Apparently teething makes him sleepy because he slept until 8:30 this morning and then went down for that 3 hour nap at 1:30.
 
He also learned THREE new words today.  Spencer was telling Elliott something and Elliott was fussing so Spencer told him to "shhhhhhh".  He's been saying "shhhhhhh" all day.  Then Spencer was saying "blah blah blah blah blah" so of course Elliott is now repeating that.  And finally, he is saying "woof woof woof" when you ask him what a dog says.
 
Spencer had a popsicle after dinner and intentionally made his face a mess.
And seriously, when did Spencer turn into a full fledged kid?  I mean, I knew it was going to happen, but overnight there is just no trace of baby/toddler/preschooler left.
We're going to the Phoenix Children's Museum tomorrow.  I think we're going to go to (Alice) Cooperstown for lunch. 
 
I hope that Alice Cooper is there and that Spencer asks all sorts of awkward questions about his eye make up.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, Uncle Nathan looks so much like his sister! Elliott's faces in those pictures are hilarious as usual. That kid has some expressions, doesn't he? Tell Spencer that I know he has been to Disneyland a lot, but I really think he'll love Hollywood Studios if they can get there. The Toy Story Mania ride is pretty cool. Your comment about potty training made me laugh. He will probably learn a lot of that from watching Spencer. Just yesterday, I was in the bathroom getting ready, and I looked over beside me and Brody was standing in front of the potty with the lid raised and had his shirt pulled up like he was using it. His pants weren't down so who knows if he was actually peeing, but I had to do a double take because it was so funny. Evan holds up his shirt while using the bathroom so none gets on his shirt. Haha! This morning when he got up, Eddie told him to go use the potty just to see what he would do, and he went over to the potty and opened the lid then he flushed it and put the lid back down. I'm not sure I'm ready for all that. Haha!

Jeannette said...

Ooh, the ex-stalker in me is gonna come out big time in this comment...

1) We're going to be in Florida in May too. Not that your parents would want to meet up with us or anything, but wouldn't it be random if we shared a boat at "It's a Small World"?

2) I just won tickets to the Children's Museum (shocking, right?). Can we go play there with you guys next time we're in Phx?