Saturday, March 23, 2013

Overachiever

I bought this snowman shirt at Wal-Mart in early December.  I wore it for Elliott's snowman birthday party.  When the party was over I took it off and put it on the floor behind the laundry hampers in our room.  I didn't want to put it in the hamper because it is red and I wanted to wash it separately.  If I put it in the hamper I would have surely forgotten and put it in the washer with all the other darks.
 
  Fast forward to today. 
 
I finally washed it about an hour ago. The shirt has been on the floor since December 15th.  I don't know why it took so long.  I didn't forget about it.  I've seen it every day for the last 3 months and a week.  There has been ample opportunity.  I guess this is a perfect example of procrastination.  Or pure laziness.  Maybe a little of both.
Now it will go into the closet.  I look forward to wearing it one time per December for the next decade.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

It's a very cute shirt!! I think I would have let it sit even longer!!

Megan said...

It can be like my aunt's Thanksgiving shirt that she's worn every Thanksgiving for...I think it's been like 15 - 20 years.

k and j said...

this is a great, random story! love!