Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Friends

Lauren had a get together for our little ladies group on Sunday.  It was a Pampered Chef/Dinner Party.  I seriously had more fun than I have had in a long, long time.  My weak stomach muscles hurt from laughing so much! 
 
It got me thinking on the way home.  Thinking about friends, and how lucky I am to have so many good ones.  There are so many people in the world who are desperately lonely and it makes my heart sad for them because I wish everybody could have an abundance of wonderful friends like I do.
 
It also got me thinking about how many significant relationships I have that started because of Frank School.  Everyone at that party has worked there at some point.  Some of my most important current friendships have resulted from my working there.  And it's not like I was there for a lifetime.  I spent 3 school years there and left almost 6 years ago.  Even people who didn't work there until after I left are now my friends.  I never actually worked with Brenda, Lauren, Joni or Shireen.  They all came after I was no longer there. 
 
I could have never guessed when I took that job just how important it would be to my future.
 
I also could have never guessed how many people would leave that school because it wore them out and beat them down.  It's a really tough school.  It was a good first job though because I learned more there than I could have just about anywhere else.
 
Anyway.  I just wanted to go public with how grateful I feel to be blessed with my friends- Frank related or not.
 
Onto the party.
 
I haven't seen Jana (middle) or Jodi since I left.  It was great to hang out with them.  Jana is hilarious!  She left Frank at the same time that I did.  She was getting rid of a fan from her classroom (she is a music teacher) on the last day of school and I took it.  We still use that fan in Spencer's room.  Jodi is expecting her first baby in August.
 
Lauren with Elliott's birthday twin Dahlia.
 
Maryellen, Jana, Brenda and Dahlia's Mama Shireen
 
Jodi and Sydney
 
I was the speech language pathologist at Frank for 2004-2007.  Joni took the job after I left.  She was there for 3 years too.  Sydney is the current SLP. 

 
Me and Joni
 
Sydney and Brenda
 
The pampered chef representative and her trainee.  I, gulp, forgot their names.
 
Maryellen and Dahlia

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was thinking about friendship too...remember I calculated our 10,000 day of friendship...yeah we missed it. It was 1/20/2013. How we could have missed such a meaningful marker I don't know! We must make up for it. I was also thinking that we are only a few years away from 30 (gulp) years of friendship. Let's try not to miss that milestone! :-)