Saturday, March 16, 2013

15 Months

15 Months
 
Date
March 16, 2013
 
The official 15 month picture
Weight/Size
I'm not sure about weight.  Elliott has his 15 month appointment at the end of next week.  He hasn't had an official weight since his 12 month appointment, so it will be interesting to see how much he really is.
 
I just cleaned out his closet and got rid of anything that was 12 months and smaller.  All of his clothes are 18 month or 24 month.  He is still a size 4 diaper, but I was debating size 5 when I bought night time diapers this week.
Sleep
Elliott is no longer nursing to sleep.  He nurses before every nap and before bed, but he hasn't fallen asleep while nursing in over a month.  I always have to rock him.  He falls asleep really quickly for his nap but sometimes it takes a looooong time at bedtime.  He is sleeping about 2 hours in the afternoon and about 11 hours at night.  He sleeps through the night, but he is a very noisy and active sleeper and cries out a lot during the night.  I can't wait for that to end.
Movement
Still no walking.  He is definitely getting close though.  I think wearing shorts and having nothing covering his knees is going to be motivation to give up crawling.
Communication
I just wrote a whole post about everything that Elliott says.  Since I wrote that he has added one more for a grand total of 25 words.  Apparently Spencer and I say "oh man" a lot when something isn't going well because Elliott now says "maaaaaan" all day long.  It is totally adorable.
Food
Elliott had his first popsicle this week.  I made blueberry popsicles with frozen blueberries and blueberry yogurt.  He loved it, but only when we cut it into little chunks.  He did not like licking it when it was whole.
 
He is nursing before his nap and at night.  He has decided that he is responsible for the length that we nurse.  When he is done he announces, "done" and then says "thank you".  It's hilarious.
Teeth
I think he's going to be stuck with 6 teeth for the rest of his life.  He still just has 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.  He has had no new teeth for about 3 months. 
Likes/Dislikes
 Eh.  I can't really think of any new ones right now.
 
Just enjoy the rest of the pictures.






 
Oh, and check out this comparison of 3 versus 15 months.
 
Pretty remarkable.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww, the pictures definitely speak for themselves! Total cuteness overload! I don't know why, but I just love diaper baby pictures at this stage. I guess it is then that they still look like babies even though they are acting more and more like toddlers. I know, I am probably just weird and crazy (and yes, maybe a little hormonal too...haha).

Jeannette said...

I totally just want to chew on his little arms and legs.. is that weird? I promise to say "done" and "thank you" when I'm finished. :)

k and j said...

He is way way way too cute!!! His body is so yummy!

Cat said...

Love the pics and impressive vocabulary (forgot to comment on that post).