Monday, February 18, 2013

Just a whole bunch of stuff

I keep all of Spencer's old clothes in big sterilite containers in the garage.  Last week I decided to empty the 24 month/2T container to see what was available for Elliott as he grows into those sizes. 
 
First I divided everything into two piles.
 
This is the 24 month pile.
 
This is the 2T pile. 
I put the 2T stuff back in the box.  Then I further divided the 24 month stuff.
 
This is the summer clothes pile. 
 
This is the winter clothes pile. 
There was absolutely no reason to show you all of that.  I'm sure it was really boring to read.  It just took me a really long time to do it and I want someone to congratulate me on a job well done.
 
We still have our Christmas gingerbread house.  The plan is to throw it away before March starts.  We'll see.
 
Elliott is obsessed with Ginger and he wants front row seats whenever she eats. 
I'll have to dig up that post I wrote about Spencer's Ginger obession when he was about 20 months.  It's one of my favorite posts of all time.  
 
Spencer has a future as an architect. 

We went to a dinner party on Friday.  Spencer helped me make sugar cookie bars.  I frosted half of them red and half of them pink.
 
Both sides got a liberal sprinkle treatment.
They looked great on my heart Valentine plates.  I didn't get a picture of the pink bars on the red plate because they were consumed within about 4 seconds.
We went to Tucson for the weekend, specifically to attend Lilly's 6th birthday party.  It was at one of those indoor jumping castle places.
 
All of the kids had a blast.  All of the adults were exhausted at the end. 
 


 

 
We took Elliott's pants off because they made him slip a lot.
 


 
Elliott and Samantha had a pizza date.

Lilly loved our present.  We got her fairy wings, 2 necklaces and a jeweled jewelry box.  I wish I was 6 so I could get a present like that. 

Oh, and by the way, Elliott wore the same outfit to Lilly's 6th birthday as Spencer wore to Lilly's 2nd birthday party.  NOT an accident.
 
Here's 2 year old Lilly and 6 year old Lilly opening our gifts to her.

And Elliott was still obsessed with Ginger and her eating after we got back home.

We went to Target and Costco tonight.  The lady that checked our receipt at Costco said bye to us.  Elliott thought really hard and said bye back.  Then he said bye 150 million times. 
 
One of the things I wanted to get at Target was a training straw cup so that Elliott could hopefully finally figure out how to drink out of a straw.  He was thirsty when we got home so I washed the cup and filled it with water.  The sides are soft so the parent can squeeze water up into the straw. I put the straw in his mouth, squeezed the sides, water shot in his mouth, he puckered his lips, started sucking and drank the entire cup.


 
It's just one more little thing that will make life easier. 

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh yes, straw cups are the best. My kids never did well with sippy cups they had to turn up. They'd throw them down and of course there'd be leakage. Haha! Both of mine love drinking from straws so we keep some disposables on hand. I wanted to see a picture of mom playing in a bounce castle or going down a big slide with Elliott. ;-)

Jeannette said...

Hopefully the straw cup will slow down his gulping or at least minimize the splash zone! ;)

Also, Ellie is still talking about Spencer. I think they'd have lovely, brilliant children. :)

Megan said...

Congratulations on the clothes sorting!
I love the looks Ginger is giving Elliott, especially in the first two pictures.
"Both sides got a liberal sprinkle treatment." This may be the quote of the year.
That is all.