Saturday, February 16, 2013

14 Months

14 Months
 
Date
February 16, 2013
 
The official 14 month picture
Weight/Size
 
We weighed Elliott this morning.  He was about 26 pounds.  That was while wearing a shirt and a diaper.  He fits into 12 month, 18 month and 24 month clothes.  Most of his clothes are 12 and 18 month.  He is still wearing a size 4 diaper. 
Sleep
We've had, probably, the best month yet for sleep.  Elliott is sleeping through the night pretty consistently.  It's been about a month since the last time he worke up and took hours to go back to sleep.  He will make noises all night (I think he dreams a lot) but never really wakes up.  He goes to bed in his crib every night and is in bed with us by 5 am every day.  As long as he stays asleep it's fine with us.
 
He takes one awesome afternoon nap.  His napping is so much better since we've gone to one nap.  He sleeps hard and he sleeps for a long time.
Movement
Elliott is still not walking.  He is standing for longer amounts of time by himself.  He can walk if he pushes something.  He just hasn't yet been convinced to switch from crawling because he is a crawling speed racer.
Communication
Elliott has about 12 words.  His latest ones are "done", "go", "whoa" and "papa".  He roars when he sees a dinosaur.  He has a screech that is very expressive and he is completely capable of getting his wants and needs met.
Sweet Remembrances
 I think I'm going to phase this out.  It's too hard for me to think of things every month. 
Food
I finally gave Elliott fish this month.  He ate it, but I think he thought it was chicken.  He licked a beater (of sugar cookie dough) for the first time.  He's also become incredibly picky.  It's definitely more of a behavior thing than he really doesn't like certain foods.  He's just exerting control over his life.  It's annoying and we hate it.  Pretty much if it's not cheerios, puffs, bread, melted cheese, yogurt or berries he wants nothing to do with it.   I sneak a lot of veggies into grilled cheese sandwiches.   He's hit and miss with meat.  He'll eat a pound of chicken or turkey one day and then nothing the next. 
 
I phased out the early morning nursing since he didn't need it to stay asleep anymore.  I will never, ever, ever not appreciate staying in my bed at 5:00 in the morning instead of getting up to nurse (I am not a good laying down nurser).  We're pretty much nursing for naps and at night.  I love it.
Mood
 I'm done with this heading too.  He's happy.  End of story.
Teeth
 Still just 6.  4 on top and 2 on the bottom.  His teething has totally stalled.  He loves brushing his teeth and I'm better at remembering to do it twice a day than I was with Spencer at this age.
Likes/Dislikes
Elliott LOVES his "making cookies" toy- he dances to the music, he loves his animal seek and slide book (we read it 40-50 times a day), he likes opening and closing cupboards, he likes pulling stuff out of cupboards, he likes playing with his brother, he likes going for walks in the stroller, he likes sitting in the shopping cart, he likes going to parties.
 
I can't really think of any dislikes right now.  Just foods that he has deemed undesirable at that moment. 
 
I ended up with one too many pictures.  He's cute though, so it's OK.
 
We also did an impromptu "brothers in matching shirts" photo shoot this morning. 
The boys each got a $5 Target gift card at a birthday party we went to a few weeks ago.  Guess what we bought? 
 
It's hard to tell, but the dog has a peg leg too. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Somehow, I missed commenting on this one, but I just "heart" that happy little chunky monkey! I wish he and Brody could meet...they'd be best buddies for sure! :-)