Friday, December 21, 2012

The Polar Express

We went on the Polar Express on December 1st.  I'm a bit late giving my report.  First there were all the issues with our poor internet connection, then the broken computer, then the party preparations.  It would be lame to be discussing going to the North Pole to see Santa in April though, so I'm going to get it done now.
 
We drove up to Flagstaff on Friday afternoon.  That night we went to a hotel and walked around looking at their holiday light display.  It was Elliott's first experience with cold.



We stayed with my aunt and uncle who are now living all the time in Flagstaff.  They had spent just summers there for the last 10ish years.  There is a big lake behind their house.  We went out to feed the ducks.

I made our reservation for the train in August.  The 5:30 and 7:30 trains were already sold out, so we went on the 3:30 train.  It actually worked out great with Elliott's nap schedule.  We'd like to go again in the future and try it when it's dark.
 
Spencer was so excited. 

 
 
 
 
Did I mention my parents came with us?
 
 
 
 


Spencer is so mature and has such advanced language skills that sometimes I forget that he is just 5 years old.  He was positively giddy when Santa entered our car.


And then he was speechless when Santa came up to him.  He literally could not talk.  I loved it. 

 
Elliott tried really hard to have the heimlich maneuver done on him.

 
Mmmm.  Metal is tasty.

 
 
Not spelled the same, but still pretty cool.
 
This guy was hilarious.  He sounded just like the character in the movie.

 
It was definitely a fun weekend.  I don't know that it is something we will do every year, but I'd definitely like to go back.
 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks like such a fun time. Hard to believe how much colder it is there!!

I really did laugh out loud about Elliott chewing on the metal. He he he. Silly boy!

Cat said...

Aww very cool. And don't worry about falling behind in blogland. I do it regularly hee hee.