Saturday, December 29, 2012

2001-2012

11 years ago today Michael and I said "I do".
I'm so glad we did. 
I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else (well, except Matt Damon but Michael made peace with that a long time ago).
We got married like 6 months before digital cameras really took off and film went bye-bye. I have to scan our wedding pictures whenever I want to include them on the blog or facebook (which is why I always use and reuse the same ones!)  Can you imagine?  We've been married for longer than digital cameras.
 
Last year on our big 10 year anniversary, Elliott was just 13 days old.
 
He came to dinner with us!
 
This year my wonderful friend Monica and her stepsister Brittany volunteered to babysit.
 
They took the kids to the park, played and ate pizza while we went to the movies and for an awesome steak dinner.  Then we went to Home Goods and bought a table to go under the new flat screen TV we got for the bedroom.  It's like the tiniest flat screen I've ever seen.  The table makes it look a little less ridiculous hanging on the wall.  I recognize that I am a bad blogger for discussing this with no picture, but Elliott is sleeping just feet away and I can't risk the flash.  He was awake between 2 and 5:30 am this morning and Michael and I almost got divorced at 5:00 am on our 11th anniversary.  Then we got 4 hours of continuous sleep and liked each other again. 

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I know the 10th year was a bit of a roller coaster ride, but that just makes it all that much more special, right? Glad you guys got to get out and have a good time together!

Jeannette said...

I've been a consistent blog reader, but bad comment-er lately. It's funny that you mention being married before digital cameras because we got married just as the "photo-journalistic" style of wedding pics was starting, so I had to look hard to find someone who did digital AND not all formal shots. I tell you, kids these days have it easy. ;)
Ramble over, Happy Anniversary!

k and j said...

This is how I remember you! You guys are cute! 11 years....holy!

Cat said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm not actually caught up on your blog yet, but I had to read this one. :)

Maryellen said...

Happy anniversary Natalie and Michael!! You are an awesome couple. I could not imagine either one of you with somebody else (sorry Matt Damon). Your boys are great products of your awesomeness!!!!