Monday, November 5, 2012

Too busy

The last time we moved (3 years ago) I quit blogging entirely for about 2 weeks.  It was just too much and I had to give up something.  I don't intend to do that this time around, but we have been really, really busy.  Here's a really disjointed recap of the last few days.  Seriously, this post has no transitions.
 
On Saturday we had our fall get together with Karen, Laura and Chelsea and their families.  We decided that instead of adding another thing to do during the holiday heavy month of December (Zac and Elliott have birthdays in December too) that starting this year we're changing our Christmas get together to a winter get together with gift exchange.  I'm hosting. In January.  Good plan. 
 
Our fall get together was hosted by Karen.  First we met at the park.
 
This cooler kept Samantha and Elliott busy for about 2 hours.
 
Kids and dads (and Chelsea) had fun on the train.  There are like 12 kids in that little caboose.  I'm surprised nobody passed out.

 
Elliott enjoyed the swings.
 
And his very first carousel ride.  No animals this time- just the bench.
After the park we came back home so Elliott could nap.  I nursed him, he fell asleep within .7 seconds and then I went to lay him on the bed.  I don't know what happened but I ended up falling asleep within seconds of laying him down and I slept with him for two hours.
 
Then we headed to Karen's house for girl chat (inside), manly time (outside) and kid play (all over the entire house). 


 
Spencer and Lilly are the elders of the group.  How did these kids get to be 5? 
We spent Sunday (after we all slept until 10 am!!!!!!!) packing, moving stuff and taking things to Goodwill.  I finally got rid of the kitchen table that used to belong to my aunt.  It has been outside on the porch or in the garage for the last 6 years.  We dropped it off at Goodwill, came home and got more stuff and then went back to Goodwill.......where we saw they had put the table in the dumpster.  Well alrighty then.  Apparently Goodwill doesn't actually take everything.
 
This morning I took both kids to the orthodontist where Spencer got his face mask.   There are pictures below, but I'm being OCD about keeping them in chronological order.
 
Then we went to the mall.  In addition to moving and trying to get my new house to look good for Elliott's party, the holidays and just in general I'm also in the midst of planning about 8 billion outfits for various upcoming events.  We need Thanksgiving outfits, polar express outfits, family chistmas picture outfits, studio christmas picture outfits, sitting on Santa's lap outfits, birthday party outfits, Christmas Eve outfits, Christmas Day outfits, and probably 8,000 more outfits that I'm forgetting right now.  These are not all new clothes, because I am not a ka-trillionaire, but I'm trying to coordinate what we already have with new pieces.  
 
New pieces like these T-Rex Christmas jammies from Gymboree.  I could just die.
And why would I buy the jammies and not the T-Rex Christmas shirt?  You're right.  I wouldn't.  Two, please. 
I did show just a teeny tiny bit of self-restraint and did not buy this Martha Stewart pillow depicting a BEAGLE in a adorable holiday sweater.  It is originally $80.  On sale for $40.  It is the most ridiculous waste of money I have ever seen and yet, I. WANT. IT. SO. BAD! 
We stopped by the new house this evening.  We've got paint!  It's not done, but it still looks great.  What a difference beige makes. 
 
The living room 
 
The hallway 
 
I went walking down the hallway and then BAM!  Red paint.  I love it. 
I need to get the invitations for Elliott's party into the mail.  I can't believe it's so soon.  I have been planning this since January and here I am scrambling.
 
Without ruining the surprise and revealing too much of the actual invitation, here's a sneak peak of the pictures I took tonight.


And finally.  Spencer started wearing his mask tonight.  It didn't seem to bother him at all.  It is seriously genius that he just has to wear this while he sleeps for 6-9 months and it will actually stretch his bones.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than cutting, bending and screwing bones in to place. 
 
It does interfere a little bit with the good nice kiss. 
 
We found a whole bunch of t-shirts in my grandma's house after she passed away.  She had bought them for Spencer.  He has been sleeping in them for the past 6-ish months.  This is my favorite one. 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Spencer, you look like the kid in the new Willy Wonka movie playing Willy as a kid. His dad was a dentist, and he had to wear a face mask and wasn't allowed to eat any candy. Poor kid. Glad you only have to wear yours at night, buddy! I usually double up the Christmas outfit pictures...one outfit usually suffices for most of the events. I picked up the red sweaters from Gymboree already, but I may have to get those T-rex Christmas shirts...awesome! Snowman Elliott is too cute!

Oh, and I think Spencer may have a crush on Lilly! ;-)

Megan said...

When you posted on fb I though...I love that shirt but I didn't think it was fair to comment on his shirt since clearly his mouth was the subject of the picture. Glad you said something so I could comment. If you see any cute snowman clothes for Haddie to wear to Elliott's party tell me or just buy a 4T and I will pay you! Cuz you need one more outfit to find :-) Keep up the blogging because since we never talk (busy schedules) I need to know what you are doing! If the blogging stops phone calls will resume!