Friday, November 16, 2012

11 Months


11 Months
 
 Date
November 16, 2012
(side note: I'm, gasp, late writing this. It is actually Sunday, November 18th. I blame the move. I'm going to backdate the post though, and we can pretend I wrote it in a timely manner.)
 
The official 11 month picture
Weight/Size
Elliott hasn't had a doctor's appointment in 2 months, so I have no idea.  He has an appointment with his hepatologist on Tuesday so we will find out then.  My arms are sore at the end of the day from holding him so I'm guessing about 600 pounds. 
 
We just opened up a package of size 4 diapers and he wore his first one today but they seem a little big.  He has 9 month, 12 month and 18 month clothes.  They all fit.  It depends on the brand.
Sleep
It has been a month of ups and downs.  Right after I wrote the 10 month post Elliott started refusing to take naps unless we held him.  No matter how carefully I put him down he would immediately wake up and scream.  He was sleeping great at night though.  That lasted a few weeks.  Then he just went back to being fine for naps.  Weird. 
 
We started sleeping at the new house last Sunday.  It was a very busy, very stressful weekend.  Elliott had the worst night time sleep of his entire life this past week.  On Monday night he didn't sleep longer than 30 minutes at a time the entire night.  I didn't get to sleep until about 5 am.  His naps this week were awesome though. 
Movement
Elliott can side step along side the coffee table.  He can crawl backwards and in a circle.  He can go from sitting to laying back to sitting.  He is still not crawling forward though.  Silly baby.  He just wants us to pick him up and cart him around everywhere.
Communication
There have been several instances where I am convinced Elliott is using true words.  He doesn't ever repeat them though.  He babbles and "talks" all the time.  He is just as chatty as his big brother.
Sweet Remembrances
1. Going to a community party in the park.
2. Going to a pumpkin patch and farm for the first time.
3. Carving pumpkins and playing with the innards.
4. Elliott's first Halloween.
5. Elliott getting his first two teeth.
6. Moving into the home where Elliott will grow up.
 Food
I don't have the list!  It's packed.  Off the top of my head I know he started spinach, egg yolk and.....actually I can't remember anything else. 
 
Elliott is still nursing 3-5 times a day.
Mood
Happy, Happy!
 Medicine
I'm pretty sure this was the month in which Elliott had his first ever dose of Tylenol.  Other than that, still just Vitamin D drops.
Likes: eating, playing, going places, people watching 

Dislikes: when people other than mommy and daddy spend too much time taking care of him.
 



 
Elliott eating blueberries and yogurt on his 11 month birthday
 
Elliott and his thunder thighs taking a sweet, sweet nap on his 11 month birthday. 


4 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh Elliott, I missed those big smiles! I know you are going through a big life change right now, but I know you are going to love your new house once you get all settled! I love those pictures of you napping...you look like your big brother in the last one (minus the thunder thighs of course)! :-)

Megan said...

I need to kiss that baby! It's been months! This is so not okay.

Valerie said...

Happy belated 11 month birthday little buddy!!!!!

Don't you just want to sink your teeth into those juicy legs? My goodness he's going to be such a heart breaker. Can't believe how much he's changed.

I hope the sleeping is going better now that you're getting settled. And everybody else seems to be adjusting well? We need a full update sometime! Ha, which I'm sure you have plenty of extra free time (snort).

k and j said...

i seriously cannot get over his cuteness!!!! his thighs are too die for :) i love chucky babes! magz is starting to thin out like crazy and it's killing me!