Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Weekend in 3 Parts

 PART 1
 
I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend Elisa on Saturday.  It was in Tucson.  It's kind of hard to co-host a shower from a distance, so we spent the weekend down there.  Spencer had gone down on Tuesday to spend some time with his grandparents for Fall Break.  Michael still needed to work on Friday, so Elliott, Ginger and I went down earlier on Friday and Michael came after work.
 
I timed it so that we were driving during Elliott's normal nap time.  This is what I had hoped for (using a random baby I found through a google search):
 
This is what I got.
Yep.  Elliott screamed and cried the entire way.  All 105 minutes.  It was super.  Ginger was sitting on the seat next to him the whole time.  I think she was close to figuring out how to roll down the window so she could jump out. 
 
I made pumpkin spice caramel popcorn, chocolate caramel popcorn and chex mix for the shower.  I started at about 11:30 pm on Friday night.  I finally finished everything and went to bed at 1:45 am.  Elliott woke up at 2:22 and needed some reassurance that he was, in fact, OK sleeping at Gramme and Grandpa's house, so I didn't really get to sleep until close to 3:00.  Yuck.
 
The pumpkin spice caramel corn involved peeling 2 bags of Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses.  It took 15 minutes per bag.  That's a lot of wrappers.
 
On Saturday morning my cousin's wife, Stacey, brought their little girl, Stella, over to visit.  Stella is 2 and it was the first time we have ever met her.  Zach (my cousin), Stacey and Stella live in Seattle and it has just never worked out that we were in Tucson at the same time as them.  It's ridiculous that we haven't met this little cousin of ours in over 2 years.  Zach's brother Alex lives in New Hampshire and has a little boy, Xander.  Xander is about 8 months older than Elliott.  Someday we'll get all 4 of them together. 
 
I wish my grandmother had been here to see this.  Three of her great grandbabies all together.

 
Elliott tried to throw himself off the couch, but Stacey was there to save the day.

 
It's not easy to get a 5 year old, 2 year old and almost 10 month old to simultaneously cooperate for a picture. 



We did try to take pictures with the moms too, but those were completely disastrous.  You can see half of Stacey here.
I made pumpkin muffins for everyone.  Elliott didn't get one since he hasn't had pumpkin or eggs yet.  Soon baby.  Soon.

 
Saturday afternoon was the shower (Part 2) and on Sunday I went to a coffee party at Jeannette's house (Part 3).  Those are coming soon because right now Michael and I are are going to watch the SEASON PREMIERE OF THE WALKING DEAD.
 
I will totally dream about zombies and be scared all night, but I am so excited.  When Season 2 ended last spring, October 14th seemed soooooooooooooooo far away.  But it is here!  Let the blood bath begin!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh Elliott, please be nice to your mommy and sleep in the car. Car riding can really be an enjoyable experience! And mom, I totally wouldn't fault you a bit if you slipped him a little tonic in his feeding...a little dose of Tylenol can do wonders. Hehe! But seriously, I think I'd still "steal" him if I could...he's just so darn cute! And yay for the boys getting some cousin time! I know how much that meant to you. Awww, Elliott, I'm sorry you missed out on the yummy muffins...I would have sneaked you a little if I were there. ;-)

Eddie was watching "Walking Dead" last night, but I wasn't watching. I did hear lots of screaming though so I'm sure it was good. I've never really watched the show, but I'm pretty sure I would like it...if for no other reason than that we are twins and I must like what you like, right? Ha!

Jeannette said...

The pumpkin spice caramel corn was soooooooooo worth the effort. Yum!

Is it wrong that I am jealous of Stella's hair on behalf of Ellie?

Looking forward to part 2 and then the grand fabulous finale of your weekend recap. :)