Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Friends

Amy and I have been friends since 2004.  She was the self-contained classroom teacher at the first school where I worked as a speech therapist.  I had every self-contained kid (except 1, I think) on my caseload so Amy and I did lots and lots and lots of meetings together.  I had Spencer in September 2007.  Amy had Jake in April 2010.  Then I had Elliott in December 2011.  Finally, Amy had Trenton in March 2012.  Four boys.  Lordy.
 
Here we are in June, 2012.  Trenton (who is 3 months younger than Elliott) was like twice his size.  Elliott's liver was just barely recovering at this point.  Wait until you see the next pictures of them!
 
Amy's sister was in town this past week for a visit.  Amy, Kari, Jake and Trenton came over for dinner last night.
 
We moved the dining room table a few weeks ago and it's currently covered with stuff to be packed, so we ate at the kitchen table.  We made the big brothers sit at the kids table.  Jake and Spencer are finally getting to be really good buddies.  They are 2.5 years apart, but they have all of the same interests and get along really well.


Here's the bad news. Amy and the boys are moving back to Indiana (where Amy grew up) in December.  It breaks my heart.  All of her family is there, though, and she needs to be close to them.  I get it, although I don't like it. 
 
We now have 2 months to pack in a lifetime of visits.
 
I thought it would be fun to get some pictures of all 4 of the boys.  Yeah.  That sounds like a real blast.

 
Look at how much bigger Elliott is now compared to Trenton!



 
 
These boys will be breaking some hearts someday.  A long, long, long, long time from now. 

3 comments:

Sherry said...

This makes me sad. I hate that you are losing your friend. I mean, I know you can keep in touch online and stuff, but I get it...it just isn't the same. I think you just need to pack right up and move east. ;-) Then maybe we can recreate the four boys picture with our boys! :-)

Megan said...

Sorry Sherri she doesn't have permission to move east. She would leave too many behind! So glad you are getting lots of visits in!

Cat said...

Yes, move east, I like it, but of course I'm biased. :-) Um, no, no, no, Jacob cannot be that big. He is still baby Jacob (because you know when I saw him he was a baby and of course he hasn't grown at all since then :-p).