Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Break, Sleeping and a Photobomber

Spencer was on fall break all of last week.  He has all of this week and part of next week off as well.  Lucky kid.  Papa drove up here yesterday and took him to Tucson for a little grandparent quality time.  We miss him, but life with 1 kid is pretty easy (especially because the remaining kid naps during the day and goes to bed earlier!). 
 
Michael and I have been enjoying having longer evenings together.  We have not been enjoying the extra packing we have been trying to do with those longer evenings.
 
Spencer and Papa went fishing today.  Spencer caught TWO catfish (catfishes?)

They are going fishing again tomorrow.  Spencer will be an expert fisherman by the time he comes home.
 
On Saturday night Michael and I were *trying* to watch a movie, but Elliott was waking up every 20 minutes.  He had finally reached the point where being swaddled bothered him more than it helped him.  I decided it was time to go cold turkey.  He hasn't been back in the swaddle since. Nightime is going better than nap time. 
 
You have to check this out:
 
He broke it tonight though.  He rolled over the second I put him down.  It must have been because his jammies snap instead of zip.
 
Speaking of those jammies. 
 
Michael's mom and I were at Target together in like 2005 or 2006.  We saw these duckie jammies. I said something about how cute they were and how I would buy cute clothes like that when we eventually had a baby.  She went back later and bought them and then hid them in her closet.  When we told everyone that I was pregnant with Spencer it took her about 4.8 seconds to retrieve them from her closet and give them to me. 
 
Spencer wore them for the first time when he was 7 months old. 

 
And now my second baby is wearing them.  I still think this outfit is just as cute as when I saw it at Target all those years ago.  This might be an outfit that I have to split when I get my baby clothes quilts made- part for Spencer's quilt and part for Elliott's quilt.

We had been out and about for a while tonight.  Ginger was very excited when we got home.  Normally she keeps her distance when Elliott is playing on the floor (well, except when I demand that she come over every few minutes so I can pet her and love on her) because he makes her nervous.
 
Tonight, though, she was all up in our business.  She thought we were on the floor to be closer to her.  She photobombed just about every picture I tried to take. 
 

 
You would think that this was just the continuation of her walking by from the above picture.  Nope.  It was her second loop around. 


 
This is why Elliott makes Ginger nervous.  He's known for the fur grabbing. 
 
 
This isn't even a photobomb.  She's just taken over the whole photo now. 
 
I have 4 hours left at work tomorrow (tomorrow is 10/11/12, by the way).  Then it's my Fall Break.  Yay.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Can you please explain why your husband appears to be decapitated in the first two Ginger photobomb pics??

Natalie said...

There is a long and complicated answer for that. Michael was watching baseball. When I had him sit on the floor to hold Elliott up he couldn't see the pitches because, from that angle, Cranky (on Spencer's train table) was blocking his view. So he dipped his head down so he could see and it aligns perfectly with Elliott's head thus making him look decapitated.

Maybe that wasn't so complicated after all.

Jeannette said...

The comparison shot of Elliott's 3 nights is just crazy!

Ellie had very similar ducky PJs from Target (from the 2010 collection, I believe). I loved those things. Too cute!

Soooooooo excited to see you for my Coffee Regatta Gala this weekend! :)

Sherry said...

Oh Ginger, what a stinker! I am sure Elliott likes being unswaddled because of the heat and since he is wearing footie pajamas, maybe? As long as he is sleeping good, that's what really matters. My boys are so hot natured at night (Evan sweats so bad...yuck!) so they kick off blankets all the time. I love the ducky pajamas story, and I do think either duckies or froggies are the cutest on little baby boys! Brody had some frog ones like those that we loved although sadly, I don't recall duck ones. :-(

I have really never considered making a quilt, but the more you post about your ideas, the more I like it. I do not want to part with their special outfits and thought I'd just hold onto some for them when they get older and possibly for their future kids. I didn't have any baby clothes to pass on, and Eddie just had one outfit which both Evan and Brody have worn. I am a bit too sentimental probably, huh? Ha!