Monday, October 1, 2012

Busy weekend

We had a busy weekend.   I started Saturday with a trip to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store.  Alone.  No kids!
 
I needed to get a gift for a birthday party and a frame.  Then it "snowballed" into buying stuff for Elliott's snowman birthday party.  Everything Christmasy is already 40% off and I'd rather get it now and not when we're in the middle of moving next month.
 
I didn't even unpack the rest of it.  It's going straight to the new house and then I'll unpack it.
 
Santa is obviously not a snowman, but he's just so cute and fat and jolly, and I couldn't resist.
 
Michaels parents came up on Saturday afternoon.   
 
They stayed with the kids while Michael and I went on our first date since before Elliott was born.  Well, unless you count the time that 13 day old Elliott came with us to our 10th anniversary dinner.  But I don't, so you shouldn't either.

 
We got kind of a late start to our date night, so we didn't have long for dinner.  We went to Freddy's for some quick burgers.
 
Then we went to the movies.  It has been so long since we went to the movies that we don't even remember when we went or what we saw.  It has been, at the very least, a year.  Michael and I used to be such movie people.  What happened?  Oh yeah, kids.
 
On Sunday morning Spencer and I went to Oriana's birthday party while Elliott stayed home with daddy, Grandma and Papa and took a nap.
 
There was painting,

 
and water ballooning. 



 
 
There were Hello Kitty cake pops,
 
and cakes shaped like the number 5.
 
Then we zoomed over to the the portrait studio for our 40th Anniversary gift to Michael's parents. 




 
While we were there I went ahead and booked an appointment for some fall pictures.  I'm outta control.  This is going to be the last appointment for a while though.  I promise.
 
Elliott went down for an afternoon nap and Spencer and I headed to the mall to find something for him to match Elliott's fall outfit.
 
We found it in the form of this sweater.  It is way too big (it's a 5T from Gymboree) but we'll use clothespins to make it look smaller for the picture.  I figured if I bought it big he can probably wear it until he's like 8.  Or, more likely, 10.
 
We already had orange pants to match (these are the same pants, but I actually got this picture from ebay!).
 
We have the formal inspection on the house today.  We meet to go over the report at 5:30.  Hoping for good news.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

That face Spencer is making holding the Hello Kitty cake pop is hilarious...I don't think he is a fan. Haha! We have had birthday parties to attend the last two weekends. When will the insanity stop and we get a moment to stop and catch our breaths. Whew...I just want to enjoy a little of this fall season! Glad you got a much needed date night. You look so gorgeous in that pic holding baby Elliott. So sad that he was probably unknowingly sick in those pics but look at him now! We haven't seen the Dark Knight Rises yet, but I would love to. I love Christian Bale...so sexy! Hehe! Maybe you think Michael has a little of that same sex appeal? ;-)

Happy Anniversary to Michael's parents! 40 years is a great accomplishment...and they don't even look old enough to have been married that long (that's a compliment of course)!

Megan said...

Love the pictures...glad you had them done!

Jeannette said...

A 5T?! Yeah, that one is going to have some longevity. Super cute sweater, by the way. After I made my last comment about Spencer wearing clothes from year to year it just dawned on me that Elliott won't be getting many hand me downs. Of course, this means that at some point, your boys could be sharing clothes...