Monday, October 22, 2012

A multitide of topics

Elliott self-fed himself blueberries last week.  The pictures speak for themselves.






When we were in Tucson a few weekends ago I found U of A jammies at Target.  We live in the Phoenix area so all of our Targets have ASU stuff (gag).  I had to buy them.
 
At first he was very, very serious about them.
 
Then he lightened up a little.  I mean, they're only jammies Elliott.
This same smiling baby tried to kill me with sleep deprivation last Wednesday night. 
 
Michael was really, really tired.  He was joking that if he went to bed early Elliott would probably be up every couple of minutes until the time we normally go to bed (he somehow senses when we really need him to sleep and then he doesn't).  I told Michael to go sleep in the guest room and I would wake him up to come to our bed when I went to bed.  That way he could sleep through any fussing and at least get a decent beginning of the night's sleep.  I really wanted to watch Project Runway from the previous week so I could watch the finale the night it aired.  It took me 3 hours to watch a 90 minute DVR'd show because Elliott woke up screaming and crying every 20 minutes.
 
Then he continued to wake up every 20-45 minutes until 5:00 am.  I would just barely be falling asleep when he would start screaming again, so I basically didn't sleep the whole night.  I was so damn tired in the morning that when he woke up for the day I pulled him into bed with me, gave him some toys and tried to just get like 5 more minutes of rest.  I had just started nodding off when he threw a toy phone at my face and busted my lip open. 
 
Then, Elliott didn't nap the whole day. It was a really bad day.  The second Michael got home from work I handed Elliott off and crawled into bed.  I don't think Michael had even closed the door yet when I fell asleep at 5:45..  They woke me up at 8:20 because Elliott was ready to go night-nights and needed to nurse first. 
 
Michael made breakfast for dinner that night.  Spencer wanted to take a picture so he could show me his eggs when I got up from my nap. 

 Our neighborhood association had our annual neighborhood party on Saturday.  This is our 4th October in this house and we've never been, probably because we were out of town every other year.
 
  We walked down the street to the park where it was held. 
 
McGruff, the crime fighting dog, make an appearance.
 
Thumbs up for crime?  Maybe it's thumbs up for fighting crime.
 
Spencer got his face painted.


 
 
Elliott waited patiently and ate puffs.

Spencer got a ballooon giraffe.  I don't have pictures of it, but he put his giraffe in the baby swings and swung him for a while.  He also gave him a drink in the drinking fountain and fed him some leaves.
 
Elliott sat on grass for the first time.
 
 
He was not a fan.  At all.
 
Daddy's lap is much more his style.
Sunday morning was all about the pumpkin.  Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin bagel and pumpkin cream cheese.
 
Elliott had his first bagel.  No cream cheese or latte, though.

 Spencer vetoed the pumpkin and went with blueberry.
Every week we cut pictures out of the grocery ads and magazines for Spencer to take to school.  There is a letter for each week.  This week was "G".  Michael was looking through an ad and Elliott thought it was HILARIOUS.
 





All that laughing makes you thirsty.  He is able to hold his own open cup and drink with very little spillage.  Makes this speech therapist mama proud.
Just randomly over the weekend I bought a canopy bed for our new bedroom.  I have always wanted a canopy bed.  It shipped today.  EEEEEEEEEEK.  We close on the house in a week! 

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Eddie was trying to be funny (I stress the word trying) this morning when he saw me looking at this and said, "What color is that on his face? It looks like he's been eating some animal's poop that had been eating berries." *Sigh* Yes, this is what I have to live with! Elliott's facial expressions are too funny and cute though...especially the first one! We have an issue here with every store carrying UNC (Tarheels) stuff, and no one carrying NC State (where Eddie went to school) so I can totally understand. NC State is "usually" better at football than UNC, but this state loves UNC because of their basketball record. Don't even mention Duke...gag gag gag! :-) You may know that there are some serious rivalries in the ACC division. I like the jammies, Elliott...lighten up! And let your momma sleep, k? Yeah, it took us over 3 years to start doing stuff in our neighborhood...we just never seemed to be at home or had other plans the other years. We are trying to do better this year since Evan plays sports or goes to school with many of the kids. Awww, McGruff, that brings back memories! If you lived closer to us, Eddie was introduce the boys to Smokey too! And I'm pretty sure it's thumbs up for crime...I mean, he'd be out of a job without it! ;-)

Elliott, your snarl face is the cutest! And I understand what was funny about the paper...it crinkles and you can play peek-a-boo with it!

I like the bed, but I was looking forward to your making a neat headboard. Maybe for the spare bedroom? :-)

Jeannette said...

Um, love the full rundown of the blueberry massacre. That first pic is priceless!

I have to admit that I love getting to read about stuff that you already told me about (e.g., the 3 hour Project Runway, and evening "nap"). It makes me feel like I had the inside scoop. Haha.

Sorry we didn't get to join you for your neighborhood party. Ellie *hated* grass the first time she sat on it too. Must be a desert baby thing.

Last on my random points list: great bed! I love our canopy bed. Did you notice it when you make your quick tour of my horse shower? If you are planning to put sheers on yours, the ones that we have on ours are from BB&B and are actually regular sheer curtains. I used 8 20% off coupons to get them.

Ok, epic comment over.

k and j said...

once again, that elliott is KILLING me!! he is just so darn cute, i can't even get over him ahhh!!!!

Cat said...

I tried pumpkin cream cheese for the first time this October, it was good. :-)
As always, enjoyed the pics.