Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Tid-Bits

Ginger read my last post about her sleeping and was not happy about it.  She decided to spite me and prove me wrong by showing me she can do something other than sleep on her beds.  On Saturday I found her sleeping next to her bed and using it as a foot rest. I pointed out that this was still sleeping.  Then she sneered at me.

Elliott has been sleeping in the rock n play for months.  I think he started sleeping in there in about March.  Maybe even February.  Now I'm curious.  I need to find a picture.
 
This was February 27th.  It's the first picture I have of him in here.
The rock n play was a life-saver because he slept so well in it.  Until a few weeks ago.  Now he's too big and he wants to stretch his legs out and be able to move.  It took a couple of weeks but we were finally able to transition him to the co-sleeper.  He's 8 months old and just barely sleeping in a contraption meant for newbies.  Whatever.  My sleeping plan for him has always been to have no plan and to just roll with it. 
 
Anyway.  In the rock n play he was always really protected from the ceiling fan and the air conditioner because he was deep down in there and there are tall sides.  Now, in the co-sleeper his legs are getting really cold at night. Not his feet though.  Those are always warm.  Strange.  We cut the bottom off of the miracle blanket months ago so his legs are exposed.  He doesn't need his legs swaddled, but the couple of times we have tried to put him down unswaddled or semiswaddled (with 1 arm out) have been disastrous.  We decided he needed real pajamas to sleep in, not just a onesie. 
 
 
On Saturday night we put him in pj pants that Spencer had as a baby.  The shirt has long sleeves so we paired the pants with a onesie.
 
Not exactly fashionable,
 
but he slept from 9 pm to 5 am, so we won't complain.
 
This morning I saw a perfect opportunity to get a great picture of the dog and kids.  Spencer wanted daddy in just 1 picture and then Michael was going to roll out of view.
 
Yeah.  It worked out beautifully.
 
Will the three of you just cooperate once?  Please?
 
I did a major clean-up, clean-out of Spencer's room today.  I went through his pants and removed everything that no longer fits.  He will be 5 in 11 days.  All of these pants are 24 months or 2Ts.  They all still fit around the waist very comfortably.  They are just too short.  Finally.  He's been wearing some of these pants since he was about 16 months old.  I used to just roll the waist on them.  Now he has no pants.  I am SO EXCITED to buy him some new ones.  I am so sick of these pants.  Elliott will probably fit in them, oh, this winter and I'll be stuck looking at them some more.
 
We did a major shopping trip at Target on Saturday and a pretty major shopping trip at Walmart on Sunday.  I'm implementing some new organization rules for Spencer's schoolwork and art projects before we drown in papers in this house.  Plus we needed stuff like body wash, paper towels, diapers, wipes, etc.  Elliott got 3 pairs of real pajamas.  I jokingly told Spencer (in his new angry birds shirt) to try them on.
 
These are 12 month pants.
 
He couldn't actually get them over his butt, but seriously, these are 12 MONTH pants.
 
Elliott went to bed tonight in his new jammies.

Just for future reference, my boys are not allowed to play football or hockey.  Ever.  It is something I am very serious about.  I recognize that you can get a mild TBI (concussion) in virtually any sport, but the risks are much, much higher in contact sports.  They can hate me, they can say mean things to me and they can complain that I'm ruining their lives, but I will not budge.  I will pay for and allow them to do whatever else they want.  Well, except boxing, rugby and cage fighting.
 
I am not opposed, however, to adorable football themed 12-month jammies.



 
I'm pushing Spencer more towards music and the arts, which won't help when we want him to get a full ride sports scholarship to a top rated school and make $7 million per year right out of college.  He could always be the next Yo-Yo Ma, but probably not.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I was really hoping Spencer and or Elliott would end up being cage fighters. Boo. You're a fun sucker!!!

Megan said...

I think you are safe with Spencer. It would take some serious growth for him to play football. Elliott however may have the build. Guess they will have to follow in my foot steps and get Black Belts in Teakwondo!

k and j said...

OKay Elliott is a TUB! hahaha. So so cute.

Sherry said...

You know I love this! But seriously, does every post have to show how similar we are? Haha! No, I love it, I really do! Yeah, I think our scrawny boys (Spencer and Evan) will probably be safe from the contact sports although Evan is a die hard football fan and is determined to play. Yeah, Brody and Elliott could probably handle being big ol' linebackers...little chubs! This weekend Brody decided to eat all six of his chicken nuggets and two of Evan's (probably would have eaten more too) while Evan only ate three. I have warned Evan over and over that his days of being "bigger" are numbered, but he does not heed my advice and takes no interest in food. Yep, he can still wear 24 month and 2T pants in the waist too if they were just long enough. The little stinker could have passed on a lot more pants to Brody if he hadn't wore holes in the knees! :-)

Sherry said...

And I love the football jammies, by the way! :-)