Sunday, August 12, 2012

Elliott's Room

It was brought to my attention (thanks Sherry) that I never did a post about Elliott's completed room.  I think I was planning on doing it during the 7 weeks I was supposed to have left before he was born.  Then I ended up in the hospital, then I had a baby to care for, then I had a sick baby to care for. 

So without further adieu:

The door is mostly the same as when I did the post about it last summer.  It seems crazy that Elliott has been Elliott for almost a year.  We found out he was a boy on August 24, 2011.

Spencer drew this a few months ago and insisted we add it to the door.

He also made this yellow thing and claimed it was a door topper.  I made the shark sign but have been too lazy to remove Spencer's crazy concoction.
This is Elliott's room from the doorway.  Since we rent, all of our walls are white.  I hate it.  Pretty paint (already there or paint we do) is top priority when we buy again.  He has a crib and a twin bed in his room.  Since Elliott was born Spencer has spent quite a few nights in the crib (that he NEVER slept in as a baby) and in the twin bed.  Elliott has never slept in his room.

This is a better view of the twin bed and the wall on this side of the room.

We bought the shark basket for Elliott for Christmas.  He was 9 days old and wasn't supposed to be here but I still thought he needed gifts for his first Christmas.  Spencer made the frame on the left, the giraffe and bear were given to us in the hospital (by the nurses) when Elliott had sepsis, the piggy bank was a shower gift.

I did have 3 different oceanic themed outfits hanging on the hooks.  We got these plaques for his baptism and thought they looked cute on the hooks.  Less holes we have to make in the walls too.
Elliott has his name on the wall, just like Spencer does in his room.  Spencer made the sand covered seahorse.  It's a good thing Spencer makes so many oceany art projects!

I made the yarn balls when Elliott was a few months old.  I was thinking about this the other day and I think I was out of control and went overboard with projects because I was trying to keep my mind busy instead of worrying about Elliott's failing liver.  It was better to freak out about yarn projects than to freak out about a liver transplant.  I haven't been doing nearly as many projects since his health has improved.
We had this corner hanging shelf thing already.  I bought it for Spencer and then never used it.  I think it is funny that we have an ocean themed room and then 3 bears.  Again, Spencer made the fish and the turtle.

All of the toys and books in here were Spencer's.  I can't wait to give them to Elisa for her baby!

The closet.  The blue sterilite container is full (to the top) with just 18 month clothes.

These are all the hangers that had newborn, 0-3 month, 3 month and 3-6 month clothes.  We had a lot of those.  We have far less 6 month, 9 month and 12 month clothes.
When Spencer was born we got 55 blankets as gifts. It was, like, 110 degrees the day he came home from the hospital. I have gotten rid of most of the receiving blankets, but I have a lot of the others shoved up here.
We use the desk in his closet for a lot of odds and ends.  Towels, my breast pump, a box of outgrown clothes.  Just "stuff".

His book shelf has his baby book and other binders on top and books on the bottom.  We got these 2 frames for his baptism (from Elisa and Jeannette).  Those are his blocks that we use for his block pictures.

Can you see the paper taped to the side of the bookshelf?  That's his lab slip for the bloodwork we have to have done in November before his hepatology appointment.  I put it there so I wouldn't lose it.
So.  That's it.  Elliott's room.  Spencer was 3 before he slept in his room.  We're totally fine with Elliott taking the same path.  By the time he is in his own room this won't even be his room anymore.  We'll be in our own home with beautiful paint!


3 comments:

Valerie said...

So cute. I really love the sheer drapes for his closet. That's a great idea!!! I may steal that.

Sherry said...

Awww, I think is room is so fun and cute as I mentioned before! Love the bedding! We got tons of blankets and receiving blankets too for Evan, and luckily, used them a lot with both. Receiving blankets were great for taking to daycare and around and washed easily. Of course, it does actually get kind of cool here in the winter and early Spring. And although I absolutely adore all of your handmade crafts, I am totally okay with your not doing so many now if it means little man is healthy! :-) We are actually lucky to live in a rental house where we can paint when we want. We have just painted the bedrooms though because we were lucky that the previous colors worked so perfectly with our decor. We have pretty awesome "landlords."

Cat said...

I like his room.