Friday, August 10, 2012

A Good Start

I went to an all day conference/training today.  I didn't know that I was registered to attend it until I was at work on Tuesday.  I have not been required to go for the past 2 years and was kind of surprised my school put me on the list. I am self-employed and contract myself with the school, so I don't have to do a lot of the stuff that school employees have to do.  (Good grief, let's see how many more sentences I can start with "I".)

I was a little annoyed at first when I saw my name on the list.  I decided, later, that I would be a good sport about it.  I billed for the whole day, so at least my paycheck will be nice and fat.  It ended up being a really good training.  I got to know a lot of my co-workers better (I work part time and don't get to interact with them very much).  The break-out sessions were informative and they fed us breakfast and lunch.  It was at a resort, so the food was actually really good. 

The thing I was most concerned about was being away from Elliott the whole day.  I have to nurse or pump and when I'm in my own office pumping is not a big deal, but at the conference center of a resort?  That's another story.  Luckily we were given 90 minutes for lunch so I ate, came home, nursed and went back without anybody noticing I was gone.

When I got home for the day I took Spencer to the mall so we could get a birthday present for Hadley.  We went to the Disney Store for her gift, which is this Rapunzel hair piece:

I kind of want to wear that thing to work or a restaurant just to see if anybody would say something.


 The Disney Store just HAPPENS to be next to Gymboree.  We just HAPPENED to go in for a quick looksie. First I checked the sale rack. 

Well, lookie here.  A basset with a flag.  We like our hound dogs patriotic.  Yes please. 

Then I went to check the Barkside Academy collection.  The t-shirts were on sale, plus I had a coupon.  Yes please. 


(Spencer insisted I take this picture) 

We actually bought this one for Hadley, but Spencer wanted to model it.  Hadley wears glasses and also has a beagle brother, so Megan thought it would be perfect for her.  I wish it was purple, but it's still cute.  It's glow in the dark too!

I didn't buy any beagle stuff for Elliott (yet!), but he did get these 2 outfits. 


Spencer and I are going to Hadley's party at Peter Piper Pizza tomorrow.  Wish us luck.  Elliott and daddy are staying home because there are about 190 trillion germs at PPP and that is 190 trillion too many for my Elliott comfort level.

By the way, all of you are traitors with your disdain for carrot and raisin salad. 

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Traitor...haha! I am not usually a picky eater, but I am just not a fan of raisins for some reason. Maybe a childhood aversion that I haven't gotten rid of? I have that same issue with starting too many sentences with "I"...it goes against all my "professional writing training." But hey, this is a blog and its personal (in first person) so throw out the rules! Ha! The outfits are cute of course. If I find any other cute beagle clothes, I will definitely let you know. :-) Beagles for you and sharks for Valerie...check! I really want to do back-to-school clothes shopping for the boys, but I am making myself wait until we are at the beach for Labor Day weekend so we can hit the outlets! Hoping to find lots of great deals there!

Sherry said...

And yes, I seem to be suffering from "insomnia" these last few nights so I am up early on here. It stinks because I only have a few more days before school starts back! :-(

Sherry said...

Is that Elliott's bedding under the fish outfit? Do you have a post about his nursery on here? You know I love nurseries! :-)

Sherry said...

Yes, I am commenting again. I have a surprise for you that I'll be posting about shortly. I am so excited! Check my blog later on tonight, k? ;-)

Sherry said...

Yay, we did awesome! I think they really work well with your blog! And they would work with a change of background too if you ever want to do that. I am so so so happy! :-)

Sherry said...

This is becoming "my" blog post for commenting to you...haha! I forgot to tell you that there is a spot you can add your name one so that it shows up as a signature on your future posts. Let me know if you want to do that.

Cat said...

Um, I actually kind of want to try carrot and raisin salad. Cute outfits!