Wednesday, August 15, 2012

3 year Houseversary

We moved into this house on August 15th, 2009.  We didn't actually sleep here until the 16th, but I have always thought of the 15th as the day we started living here.  When I realized what today was I thought it would be fun to do some comparison shots. 

The top picture of each set was taken on August 15th, 2009.  I got to the house before everyone else (we had a big bunch of awesome friends help us) and took some pictures before all the boxes started piling up.  The bottom picture in each set, in all honesty, was taken last night on the 14th. I guarantee our house will look exactly the same on the 15th, so I'm willing to let it go.  There was no tidying or picking up or staging before I took the current pictures, so it's about to get real.  This is how we live.  Gulp.

The dining room and living room

2009
2012

The family room

2009
2012

The kitchen

2009
2012
Side note: We STILL haven't done anything with the dead fish's tank.  We turned off the filter and that's about it.  I keep waiting and waiting for Michael to do something about it and he keeps waiting and waiting for me.  And yet, there it sits day after day.

The eating area

2009
2012

The guest bedroom

2009
2012
Side Note: I was exhausted when I got home from work yesterday.  Elliott was napping in our room, so Ginger and I took a fabulous nap in the guest room.  That explains the unmade bed.

The laundry room

2009
2012

Elliott's bedroom
(which has also been a play room, a project room and a 2nd guest bedroom)

2009
2012

Spencer's bedroom
2009
2012

The master bedroom

2009
2012
Side note: It was a huge risk to take these pictures because Elliott was already asleep for the night. He didn't even flinch though.  I didn't turn on any lights. This is lit by just the flash on the camera.  Impressive.

Our bathroom

2009
2012

My closet

2009
2012

Michael's closet

2009
2012

The other side of our room

2009
2012

The hallway

2009
2012
Side note: We had a HUGE storm roll in here last night.  The thunder was rattling the house.  Ginger was not happy about it.  Can you see her shaking down at the end of the hallway?

Happy 3rd Houseversary to us.  I hope it's our last.  I hope that at this time next year we're settled into our new house for the first of 30something summers.  Did I tell you that when my grandmother died this past spring she had lived in her house for 60 years?  How amazing is that?  We'd have to move right now and I'd have to live to 93 to achieve the same thing.

When I was copying the pictures from 2009 I thought I'd check to see what we were up to 2 years ago on August 15, 2010.

Ugh.

I was refinishing the hutch.  I had finally finished sanding it.
I started staining it on the 15th. 

So then I wanted to see what we were up to last year on August 15th.  Can you believe I didn't take a single picture that day?  But guess what happened on the 16th?

Double ugh.

Spencer's trip to the ER for his busted open nose.


P.S.  This one is for you, mint Megan.
See, he's not always happy.  He had just fallen over because he tried to grab at Ginger.  He can't not touch.

5 comments:

k and j said...

this comparison pics are awesome! love elliot crying at the end haha :) cute boy

Sherry said...

Similarity number...oh what the heck, who's counting anymore! Yep, we've lived in our "rental" house for three years almost exactly. Moved in July, 2009! Haha! I knew you would just love that...this similarity thing is getting way too weird, huh? Anyway, it looks like a house stuffed with love and fun, but I know you are ready for another house of your own. There are just so many things I wish I could do to our current house and can't because we are renting. We have just went ahead and done some things though because we wanted it to be home for the boys...like fixing up the yard, putting in the swingset and slide, painting their rooms, etc. It is hard renting after being homeowners, huh? We are still trying to sell that little first home of ours and are actually trying to get some renters in it right now. Ugh, two house payments is killing the bank account! :-(

Sherry said...

And here's the link to the post about our moving in to the house for ya to prove it. I know it is dated in November. I started blogging in 2009 and was "backblogging" our life since we got married in 2003. Seriously, I am very OCD and have to blog in order of our life's occurrences so I spent the first six months just blogging about our past. Who does that? Yep, me! :-)

http://eddieandsherryreese.blogspot.com/2009/11/evans-new-house.html

Megan said...

Hahahaha, he looks cute when he's crying, too!
Also, it's amazing how warm & cozy you can make a house painted entirely white look. Awesome job!

Cat said...

You have filled the house in nicely. So perhaps our western trip will be to the NEW house instead of your current one. :)