Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Projects and Doings

Last fall Megan and I did a chair swap of sorts. I long-term lent her my living room chairs to use in her living room and she gave me her glider and gliding ottoman so we would have a second place to rock Elliott (the first being the rocking recliner in our room). 

We have spent a lot of time sitting with him in this glider.   
We've spent so much time in it and find it to be so comfy that we decided to send it to Tucson so that we can actually go down there and have a place to rock Elliott while at my parent's house.  The kid needs rocking.  It's miserable to try to get him to sleep without the ability to rock and my parents have nothing that rocks.
So, last week we bought a new used glider off craigslist and sent the old used glider to Tucson.

Which brings us to
Weekend Project #1.

I bought fabric and recovered the gliding ottoman.
I think it looks pretty good.
Weekend Project #2

Michael hung Elliott's 6 month picture by Spencer's 6 month picture. The complementary coordination is killing me.
Weekend Project #3

I bought new pages for Spencer's portrait scrapbook and got it up to date.  I'm missing a 3-year old picture.  I have a pit in my stomach that it's not in here.  I have my mother and my mother-in-law on high alert to find their copy (I pretend they are on high alert.  They are both probably laughing at me while they go about their daily business and not look for it at all).
Weekend Project #4

I bought Elliott his very own scrapbook,
and did his 4-month page.  I still need to buy some stickers/embellishments.

Scrapbooking is pricey.

Weekend Doing #1

Elliott went in the big boy tub for the first time.

He liked it, so I'm not sure why he's flipping us the bird.





15 minutes of me bending over the tub to hold him and keep him from drowning and smacking his face on the side and I ordered one of these:
 Baby bath seats are on Consumer Report's list of the 10 most dangerous baby items.  I researched it though and it's only because using them increases the likelihood that a parent will walk away and leave the baby in the tub alone.  They are not dangerous in and of themselves.  I'm not going to leave him alone in it, so I feel like it's OK to buy.

Weekend Doing #2

Ginger lifted her head during a nap. 

She went from this:
to this:
Then she sighed a sigh of exhaustion like she had just run in the Boston Marathon.

Weekend Doing #3

John and Maryellen came over for brunch, marking the 4th weekend in a row we have spent with them.  We aren't going to see them next weekend and it's going to be a cold, lonely place for all of us.

Weekend Doing #4

Elliott got licensed and certified in rolling.  It's all he wants to do now.  If we put him on his back he goes from this:
to this:
to this:
to this:
In 2 seconds flat.

He is also desperately trying to crawl.  He moves his arms and legs really fast but isn't quite strong enough or coordinated enough to get anywhere.  Soon enough, baby.  Soon enough.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

It really is incredible that y'all had such a health scare with Elliott early on and he's right on track with other babies his age. He's going to be a genius!!!!

I LOVE how you covered the glidder you're sending to Tucson. I wish I was crafty like that.

Oh Ginger, you and my dogs would get along wonderfully. Nothing makes me laugh harder than a dog repositioning to sleep and it sounding like a small miracle. Moan, groan, sigh. Yep, that sounds about right!

Maryellen said...

Your weekend was very busy!! You didn't mention the delicious food you made for brunch. No need to be modest!!

Jeannette said...

Love the new glider cover. You should come down to Tucson the weekend of the 21st and try it out... just sayin'.

Also, who was that pudgy baby in the bathtub?! My goodness that boy is thriving now! He's going to be bigger than Spencer before you know it.

Michael said...

I cannot wait for that Katie Holmes look-alike bathtub assistant to arrive in the mail. I wonder if she comes with that handy little seat. I also wonder if she will do other chores, like dishes and taking out the garbage.

Sherry said...

Awww, I love the picture of Elliott in the tub "flipping the bird!" Haha! I also love all the scrapbooking you're doing. I love to scrapbook and never seem to find the time (and money...yes scrapbooking materials are expensive). I have a pretty detailed one for my firstborn that is almost complete for his first year. Printing all my digital pictures now for my second would just add to the cost so I am working on making him a digital scrapbook on Shutterfly. I might finish and order it by the time he graduates from high school. *Sigh* Glad you had a fun and productive weekend!

Chelsea said...

I'm tired just reading about your weekend! Wowzers!