Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

Before I tell you about our day let me begin by saying, I am not superstitious.  I would stand under a ladder while holding a black cat and juggling mirrors, except I kind-of hate cats and I don't know how to juggle.

We woke up to a beautiful summer monsoon.  I can't remember the last time it rained, so it was a nice change from the oppressive heat.
It was raining the day we brought Elliott home from the hospital when he was born, but this was his first summer monsoon storm.
He got tired of posing and wanted to see the action.
So I turned him around.  We were just hanging out enjoying the sound and smell of rain.
Then Ginger wanted to check out the rain.
Then she wanted to check out Elliott.
Then she contemplated her place in the world.
Then Spencer decided the pine cones were too, too dirty and he gave them a shower.
Then I decided we should probably stop hanging out in our front walkway while wearing our pajamas. 

We headed for the back yard.

Spencer put on his swim suit and played in the mud.



The rain quickly slowed to a drizze, then stopped entirely.  We decided to head back in.  Spencer was all dirty so I started the shower in the hallway bathroom for him.  I decided I would just go in with him and get my shower done at the same time.

I picked up Elliott's infant seat from the front living room and was carrying it down the hallway so he could sit in it while we were in the shower when I bumped the entry way table and knocked this new frame to the ground. 
Of course it shattered.  I sighed, put Elliott in his seat, told barefoot Spencer to stay away, started picking up glass and proceded to cut the hell out of my finger.  Then I continued picking up glass while creating a bloody crime scene in the hallway.

Once I got all the big pieces picked up I got the vacuum out of the closet.  I went to pull the night light out of the wall outlet, so I could plug the vacuum in, and the damn thing broke.
Unlike the glass, it is easily fixable.  We just have to glue the ladybug back on to the metal plate in front of the light.

But seriously.

Friday the 13th strikes again.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

You're funny, and I'm glad you can see the humor in life's ups and downs. So glad you and the boys enjoyed making some memories on a not so lovely rainy day!

Valerie said...

I agree with Sherry. Good that you can see the humor in stuff. Your commentary of Ginger makes me laugh every single time. She's a very animated dog!!