Monday, July 16, 2012

7 Months

7 Months

Date
July 16, 2012

The official 7 month picture
We started out with pictures on the new glider.  This was quickly deemed a disaster because Elliott was obsessed with the shiny wood arm.
We moved to the corner of the couch, but Elliott kept trying to hurl his body to the ground.
So I stuck him in the crack of two cushions and we had a bit more success.
Weight/Size
We don't have a doctor's appointment until August 3rd, so this is based on the scientifically accurate method of weighing ourselves without Elliott and then weighing ourselves while holding him:
17 pounds! 

What a whopper.  Spencer got to 17 pounds at 9 months, so Elliott officially outweighs his big bro.

He is wearing 3-6 month, 6 month and 9 month clothes.  It depends on the brand and the style.  I didn't know what to put him in today so Michael suggested we do a summery diaper picture.  Good idea, daddy.  Speaking of, he's wearing size 2 diapers but we already got a box of size 3 from Grandma and Papa because he'll be in them soon.
Sleep
I'd rather not discuss it.  We've had some horrendous nights where he has been up to nurse 3 times between midnight and 5 am.  Michael had to go to work late one time last week to let me sleep a little because by 6 am I had literally slept for a total of 45 minutes.

We are still swaddling him for naps and night.  Harvey Karp, MD (The Happiest Baby on the Block) says this is still OK.  Some babies need swaddling until 10 months.  He is pretty regular with a shorter morning nap and a longer afternoon nap.

His early mornings are killing me.  He sleeps so light and needs a lot of persuasion, in the form of my holding him, rocking him, patting him and shushing him for him to remain asleep.  I hope he outgrows this little phase soon.
Movement
He is rolling around like an Olympic Champion.  He can travel great distances by rolling.  When he is on his tummy he can get his knees up and his butt up.  He tries so hard to crawl, but he can't get his chest up and he can't coordinate his movements.  It'll be soon though, I think.  He can sit unassisted, but he's not very good at it.  He looks around and moves around too much and knocks himself over.

He jumps like a mad man in the jumperoo.
Communication
I'm hearing more advanced babbling with consonant-vowel combinations.  He's still blowing spit bubbles.  He screeches a lot.  He's a loud boy, basically.  He has started reaching up to our faces with his hands.  It is capital- A Adorable.
Sweet Remembrances
Elliott's first Father's Day.
Elliott's first 4th of July.
Going to Tucson for a pool party with the Laura, Chelsea and Karen group.
Taking his first big boy bath in the real tub.
Going out to dinner at a restaurant for the first time.
 Riding in the stroller like a big boy at the mall (I haven't even blogged about that yet).
Going to Costco for the first time (or that).
Food
Since last month he has started on applesauce, brown rice, carrots, peaches, peas, pears and green beans.  He has liked all of it, but carrots and peaches seem to be favorites.

He is nursing 8-9 times a day.  I nursed Spencer until he was 2 and Elliott deserves the same, but this was the first month I felt like-OMG. Can I make it?  I think it was the increase in the middle of the night feedings.
Mood
Happy and smiley.  He had a melt down this month brought on by skipping both his naps (despite a full on effort by me and Michael).  He was trying to smile during the middle of the meltdown!
Medicine
Zantac for acid reflux and Vitamin D drops. 
The D drops are new because he stopped taking a multi-vitamin after the cholestasis resolved and the new recommendation (new since Spencer) is that breast fed babies need extra Vitamin D.
Likes: rolling, eating, listening to all of us singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, bath time, jumping.

Dislikes: not much.  Being in the car seat too long and getting too hot are the only ones I can think of.
We're over the half-way point!

I feel like I can justifiably begin planning his first birthday party!
Spencer insisted on being in a picture too.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Again, those boys are the cutest! Hope this keeping you awake all night stage doesn't last too long. I thought I had already commented that I had nominated you for this blog award, but check it out:

http://eddieandsherryreese.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-blog-award.html

Valerie said...

Happy 7 Months to sweet Elliott!!!! Keep growing and growing my little friend.

It's so neat to see another baby the same age as Oliver and see where he is on the milestones since this is my first baby. Sigh, Elliott is just too cute.

Megan said...

Where does the time go?

Cat said...

I'm lovin the pictures. Also, re: a previous blog, I don't think Oct will work as I don't have time off then. :-( We may have to break the tradition.