Friday, June 1, 2012

All the photos

Thanks for all the comment love on my last post, dear readers and friends.   Part of the reason we coped as well as we did over the last 6 months was because of the support we have had from all of you.

And Jeannette, you put it so perfectly when you said that what we are feeling is like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  I've never had PTSD but I imagine what I am feeling is similar. I actually looked up the definition:  "Post-traumatic stress disorder is a type of anxiety disorder. It can occur after you've seen or experienced a traumatic event that involved the threat of injury or death".

Yeah. That's pretty much exactly what has happened.

I woke up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night last night thinking that we had forgotten to give Elliott his liver medication.  And I just cannot bring myself to throw away the folder with all the research articles I printed about biliary atresia, cholestasis after sepsis, metabolic disorders, etc.  I opened it.  I thumbed through all of them.  I told myself we don't need them anymore, but I just can't put them in the recycle yet.

Moving on.

Instead of doing like 20 little posts about all these pictures I'm throwing them into one.  There are a lot of pictures, but not much to say about each.

After we thought that we lost all of our pictures I think it's a great idea to save as much as possible to picasa albums through the blog.  That means you get to suffer through pictures of paint peeling from the wall. 

JK.  It won't be that bad.

1.
I bought cans of $1 shaving cream to make bathtub paint for Spencer.
He didn't care so much about the colors, but he did enjoy playing with it, so now I just squirt a pile on the side of the tub and he can do whatever he wants.  On this particular day he became Santa Claus.
2.
Spencer and I put together these baskets for the grandmas for Mother's Day and his teacher for an end of the year present.

He was very proud to be able to give them to everybody.
Gramme was appreciative (so was Grandma and his teacher).
3.
Spencer scared the bejesus of out me when he hid in our laundry hamper.
4.
Spencer was damn impressed by these stuck together munchkins.  Side note: we've developed a bad Dunkin' Donuts addiction in this family because Michael and I adore their iced coffees.  When we get one we grab a donut for Spencer.  We're slowly weaning him off by first weaning him to munchkins.  And by slowly weaning him I mean we let him get munchkins a few times and then we said no more donuts.
5.
Michael is an A+ father.  He is loving and involved.  The only thing he doesn't do with our kids is breastfeed.  I mean it.  Everything else that I do, he does too.

Michael even swaddled Snoopy when Spencer said that Snoopy couldn't sleep with his arms flailing around.  Side note: you can't say ANYTHING in front of Spencer without him remembering it and repeating it.
6.
I made Spencer an apple stuffed with peanut butter for a snack.  Gummy worms seemed like the perfect garnish.
I also made him a snowman banana.  He ate the marshmallow buttons first.
7.
Ginger loses track of me when Spencer is at school and I go into the master bedroom with Elliott to put him down for a nap.  This is where she waits for us to come home.  I have found her here many times over the last few weeks.
She always acts shocked to see me.  She also thinks that if she jumps down fast I won't have noticed her up there.
8.
We made owl wrapped mini chocolate bars for all of Spencer's classmates as an end of the year treat.  He started the year with 20 kids in that class.  He ended with 15.  I was glad because these owls were quite the time sucking pain.
Dang cute though.
9.
Elliott wore his 2nd crab outfit of the summer today.
He was pretty happy about it.
10.
Elliott cares very little about developing core strength.  Strong abdominal muscles are not high on his list of interests.
We stacked 2 boppies together and forced him to sit.
Then he and Spencer had a good old fashioned stare off.
11.
Spencer and I made coffee playdough during Elliott's afternoon nap today.  We used vanilla coffee and it smelled like a frappuccino.

We're going to make peanut butter playdough next so we can eat it.
12.
I bought this on sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. $3.  It's a drip catcher.  There is a slit on one side for popsicles and a larger hole for ice cream cones on the other side.
Genius!

1 comment:

Cat said...

You are so crafty!
Also, that drip catcher is a cool idea.