Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pictures

We had Elliott's 4 month pictures taken at Sears on Thursday, April 26th.   There was a whole saga that day because an irate woman was there with her kids at the same time and she threw a fit thinking that appointments had been double booked. Eventually they figured out she was at the wrong Sears, but the photographer agreed to do both sessions anyway.  We  had pictures taken, selected our prints, paid and were told they would be ready on Friday, May 11th.  I went to Sears to pick them up on the 11th.  No pictures.  I was pretty annoyed.  It was a whole week before we were able to go back.  Michael stopped in on Friday, May 18th.  There was one picture for us, the collage we ordered.  Nothing else was available because the idiot photographer had never placed the order for the rest of the pictures.  The date the collage had been ordered was May 4th.  What a loser.

The lady at Sears that day said we should come back the next day when a manager was available to sort everything out.  So, I went back the next day and gave her a piece of my mind.  I was calm, cool and collected, but she definitely got an earful.  She ended up giving us a CD of the images for free, printing all of our pictures right there in the store and offering some extra deals the next time we come in.  She also mentioned that our photographer had been fired, in part because of the mess he had made with our order, but more so because of the mess he made with the orders of almost every other client he had ever had.

So, the point of me telling you that incredibly boring story was to preface my announcing that we finally have portraits of Elliott hanging around the house.  You can now totally tell that 2 children live here.

This is the bill sorter on our desk.
Both kids at 4 months- Spencer on the left and Elliott on the right.  (The drawn picture that you can partially see is Spencer juggling)
Next to the desk
On the family portrait wall in the family room.
This is what I was most excited about.  Both of my babies at 4 months. This was 4 years 4 months in the making.  I don't plan on ever taking these collages off the wall.
In the living room. 
This is at the end of the hallway.  Elliott's room is on the left, Spencer's on the right.
Spencer had his first school picture taken last September.  We couldn't think of anywhere else to put it, so we stuck it in that tiny little strip of wall under the light.  I've been waiting since September to add Elliott's picture.
My parents have pictures of me and my brothers on the stairwell wall starting at age 6 months, then 1 year, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years, etc and then Kinder, 1st grade, 2nd grade, up until we graduated from high school.

This is in our hallway.  We have Spencer at 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2, 3 and 4.

This is what is currently on Elliott's side.  We bought these in Venice on our honeymoon.
Now that we finally have 4 month pictures it is time to go in for 6 month pictures and add Elliott's first contribution to the wall.  Spencer was wearing a sailor outfit at 6 months.  I want Elliott's outfit to be a similar theme, but not the same clothes.  I have a whole thing planned.  You'll have to wait and see.   It's very obsessive.  Very Natalie.

Speaking of Elliott.  This was him in the tub tonight.

Who is this fat baby?  How can that body still be under the 5th percentile?  I've decided the percentiles are stupid.  I actually decided that a long time ago (when Spencer was a baby), but I've reconfirmed it in my mind.
 And here is 10th percentile Spencer today.
4 years 9 months
Yes, I am still doing monthly pictures, I just haven't shared them recently.  I will be showing you his 17 year 9 month picture someday.  In 13 years, actually.

2 comments:

k and j said...

i la la LOVE this hahaha. i had NO idea you were so....OCD? or type A? what would you call it? but seriously, I LOVE it!!

Cat said...

I'll look forward to seeing that picture in 13 years.