Tuesday, May 8, 2012

You knew this was coming

The annual crab clothes post! It's here.  It's happening.  Now.

In March, 2008 I bought this adorable little crab outfit for Spencer.  We took his picture in it.
In March of 2009 I remembered that cute little crab outfit from 2008 and when I was buying Spencer some new summer clothes I thought it would be fun to buy another crab outfit.  I was already blogging then, so right then and there it became a "thing".  A dedicated blogger would share some links here taking you to previous posts.  I'm too tired for such nonsense.
In 2010 I couldn't find a crab shirt, so I bought an iron on patch and made my own.
Last year I was lucky enough to find this little gem at Wal-Mart.  I believe it was $3.50.
Last Mother's Day I woke up and took a pregnancy test.  It was positive.  It was Elliott!  We just didn't know it was Elliott.  After we went to lunch that day we stopped at Carter's because I really wanted to buy something for the baby.  I thought this was appropriate.  I would have totally put this on a girl too.
It was the only thing in Elliott's closet.  For about 5 minutes.
And here we are, 12 months later.  The truly sad thing is that I almost forgot we had this onesie, because silly me put it in the 6 month onesie drawer.

I also don't have a 2012 crab shirt for Spencer yet.  I'll have to get on that soon.  I do, however, have a 6 month crab outfit for Elliott and I'm thinking about buying one for next year.  It's reeeeeaaaaaally cute.  Carters, of course.  I just need to decide if I should go with 18 months or 24 months for the size.  If he stays on duocal much longer neither will fit next year because he'll start sharing clothes (not just getting hand-me-downs) with Spencer soon.

No crab clothes.  Just cute.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I'm not sure what size Spencer is wearing now (bad stalker, I know), but OldNavy.com has a toddler boy shirt on sale that has a crab on it. The biggest size is 4T though.

Also, I'm glad I've saved you the heartache of a comment-less post (good stalker?). :)

Cat said...

Oh, Natalie, you crack me up. :)