Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mudder

Spencer still does not have the "th" sound in his phonemic repertoire, therefore I am his mudder, not his mother and we celebrate mudder's day in this family.
 
 
The day started with Elliott and me nursing (it was actually the third time of the day if we're being perfectly honest), Michael going to pick up our breakfast from Chompies and Spencer making a "list" of places I needed to look for my hidden present that he made at school.
  
This is the list.  #1 (on the right) is the laundry room refrigerator.  Can you tell what the things on the left are?  From top to bottom: Spencer's closet, the bathtub, the guest room closet, the living room chair, under the kitchen table and Elliott's crib.  Duh. 
Once Elliott was nice and full and the list was made, we enjoyed our breakfast in.  I don't think we'll  ever again go out to breakfast on mother's day.
  
Spencer had eggs, bacon and a bagel (not pictured- it was being cream cheesed).
Michael had eggs benedict.
I had an omelet, a potato pancake and an english muffin.  I ate it all.  And then I did not eat for the rest of the day.
Elliott chomped on a spoon.
Ginger licked her lips in anticipation, but no morsels were shared with her.  Sad.
After breakfast it was time for presents and pictures.

This is what Spencer made me.  It was hidden under the chair in the living room.

I FINALLY have enough silicone egg poaching cups to make 2 poached eggs for each of us at the same time.  It took 3 mother's days to accumulate 6 of them.  This will no longer be true when Elliott starts eating eggs, so Michael will have to buy me 2 more next year.
I got this sign to hang above the coffee maker.
I also got a dress, a shirt, a frame for the picture we had taken of the boys at Sears and fuzzy flip flop slippers.

It was the best mother's day ever!

Kisses for all.

Later in the day Spencer and I went to Target.  I bought Elliott his first pair of sunglasses.

This is him saying, Jesus Christ! Take. These. OFF!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness, it's so exciting to "meet" you!!! I can't believe we have boys the exact same age. How much fun is that?!?!?!

Happy 5 month Birthday to Elliot as well. You know what's funny, hand to God, I wanted an Elliott but my husband vetoed it. I LOVE that name so much!

Your boys are just precious. I hope one day I am blessed with two (or more) boys as well. I always thought I'd be a girl mom but Oliver has really been such a blessing. I am loving every minute of it.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I'm going to be sure to keep up with you and your family!

Cat said...

Glad you had a good Mudder's Day!

Sherry said...

Okay so I am just randomly blog stalking your old posts. I can't help it! I am a Natalie-addict! Hehe! I had commented on the fadder post and didn't see this one when I said that I also did a "Mudder's Day" post. I just love those little imperfections of speech in our little boys! :-)