Friday, May 11, 2012

Jumperoo

This was Spencer the first time we put him in the jumperoo. It was his 5 month birthday (February 6, 2008).  If I remember correctly he started crying right after I took this picture and it took something like 2 hours to calm him down.  Even after he was calm he kept losing it again all day.  He'd just start crying out of nowhere.  Man that kid was intense as a baby.  He was in overdrive all. the. time.

So here we are 4 years later and the baby of extreme emotion is now the big brother.  We decided to put Elliott in the jumperoo tonight.  He likes standing so much that we thought he'd be happy to be able to stand on his own.  He's just ever so slightly too short, even on the lowest setting, so Spencer happily carried his biggest book from his room to the living room.
It ended up being too big of a book. Elliott should be on his tippy toes and not flat footed.

He wasn't sure what to think of it at first.
Hmmm.  Do I like this?
Then Ginger came over to check out the commotion.
Then Spencer got all up in Elliott's business.

Then Ginger felt momentarily ashamed.  Of what we do not know.
And then Elliott started bouncing around like a madman.
The verdict?
He loved it.
We're so glad.

I mentioned before that my friend Sandy gave the jumperoo to me when I was pregnant with Spencer.  I'm so sad that I don't get to share Elliott enjoying her gift with her.

I've had the same dream about Sandy twice in the last couple of weeks.  I'm at a party and the doorbell rings.  Someone opens it and Sandy comes walking in.  I run over to her and give her a big hug and say, "But Sandy, you died.  There is no way you can be here.  I don't understand this."  Then she laughs and says, "No, that was all a big mistake.  I never died.  It wasn't me.  It's so crazy and it's been a huge mess." 

I don't think it takes a psychologist to figure out what that dream means.

3 comments:

Maryellen said...

I LOVE the picture of Spencer in the jumparoo!! That is hilarious!!!! Elliott seems to like it much more than his big brother did the first time.

k and j said...

I'm laughing my ace off right now about ginger lol lol

Megan said...

I also died laughing about Ginger...feeling "momentarily ashamed" - LOL