Friday, May 18, 2012

Crash

I am writing this post on my kindle fire. Did I mention I bought a kindle fire? Last spring (in a moment of great clarity and foreseeing of the future) I bought a short term disability policy for myself. I am self employed and work less than 25 hours a week so it was VERY difficult to find a policy that would cover me. But I persevered, knowing the loss of my income would be devastating to our family. I was thinking more along the lines of car accident, but then I found myself in the hospital on doctor ordered bed rest for 2 weeks. And guess what? My policy has a hospital rider, so I got paid for that time. Generously. Like more than I actually make when I work. Most of it went to paying our taxes. A big chunk is being saved for when I don't work over the summer. I wanted to buy a huge flat screen TV with the rest, but the policy didn't pay that well. So I bought myself a kindle fire as a reward for sleeping in a labor and delivery bed while dilated to 8 cm for 2 weeks. Anyway it's a good thing I did because our hard drive crashed yesterday. The actual message said that a hard disc failure was imminent. We have an appointment with the Geek Squad tomorrow to buy a new hard drive and have them transfer everything. I will have a hard core meltdown if we lost everything because I got very lazy about saving pictures to an external drive in, oh, 2009. Good thing I usually include 154 pictures with every post. Until we get the whole mess straightened out, I'm on this and my phone. I hate leaving comments on my phone, so you might not hear from me on your blogs for a bit. P.S. This is my 700th post. I was hoping to do something awesome. Definitel y not this. P.P.S. The kindle fire is great for web browsing, reading, games, watching movies,etc. Writing blog posts? Not so much.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

Kindle Fire. Congratulations!! You definitely deserve something cool.