Monday, April 23, 2012

Totally Random

I have a bunch of completely random stuff to share.  There is no common thread unless you want to say that the common thread is that there is no common thread.  Wrap your mind around that.

I made individual chicken pot pies last week.  Instead of crust I did cheese biscuit tops.  They were delightful.  During favorite parts before bed time (when we share our favorite parts of the day), Spencer picked his pot pie as one of his favorite parts.  Later in the week, when I served baked chicken and vegetables he said it was the most disgusting food he's ever had in his whole life.  Real nice talk son.  I did not point out that they were essentially the same meal, but I should have.
My cousin is getting married in Colorado in June.  We are not going to the wedding.  We blame Elliott.  More realistically, Elliott is saving us $1,000+ dollars by preventing us from leaving the state.  Caitlin's bridal shower was on Saturday.  Amongst other things I gave her this frame that I put together and some dry erase markers.  She and her new husband can leave each other sweet notes of love...until they've been married for a couple years (months?) and get tired of it.
My sweet blogging friend Jennifer (sister of my real life friend Maryellen) sent the boys these matching shirts.  I haven't managed to get them in them at the same time for a picture, but I promise, Jenn, that they have both worn them a lot.
These were the vegetables I made in Spencer's most disgusting food of his life dinner.  They look positively dreadful, huh?
Spencer woke up on Saturday morning and said, in his sweetest voice, "Mommy, can I please come to the party with you"?  So, we left daddy and Elliott at home and he attended his first ever bridal shower.  There were actually 2 other baby boys there, so he wasn't the only male.  This was about 1/3 of the backyard at the house where it was held.
The battery on my camera died about 2 seconds after I took this picture.  That might explain why it is so blurry.  This is my cousin Caitlin opening our gift to her.
Elliott's legs and feet look HUGE in this picture.
Spencer got a hair cut yesterday.  We went extra short.  He starts baseball on Saturday and baseball players should have short hair.
My Aunt Janis gave us this infant seat when Spencer was born.  We used it a lot when Elliott was first born, but since Jeannette lent us the rock n play, we kind of forgot about it.  I decided to put Elliott in it today because I had a hunch he might be interested in the rabbit and the mirror the rabbit hangs from.
I was correct!
I should have been writing a blog post about Elliott's uber cute photo shoot from yesterday.  That's a no go.  We got to the appointment only to be told that the studio was already closed.  How in the world were we able to make an appointment after they closed?  I wrote a strongly worded letter to the president of JCPenney.  I may share it on the blog in the future.  In the meantime I made an appointment at Sears for Thursday.
We hate you JCPenney.

Spencer was at school today.  I was rocking Elliott to sleep for his nap.  Once he was out, but before I put him down, I checked email on my phone.  There were 4 blog comments from Cathy.  I kept refreshing my email and she kept leaving comments.  14 total!  She's on spring break and was doing some blog catching up.  The first post she left a comment on was Veteran's Day Weekend.  I went back and reread (or at least skimmed) each post she left a comment about.  After Elliott's birth and his first 4 months I hardly remember what my life was like before he was born.  That's not actually true.  I do remember.  It involved leaving the house a lot more.  I guess I just can't picture my life as it was before with a baby now.  Spencer and I used to leave the house at 9 am and sometimes we didn't come home until 4 pm or later.  I shudder to think about doing that with Elliott now.  I do greatly look forward to doing that with him in 4 years though.

Thanks for all the comments Cathy.  Your dedication to the blog is commendable.  I should give you an award.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I would totally eat those yummy looking vegetables. Also, where is Spencer doing baseball? Is it real baseball or T-ball?

Megan said...

1. We got our wedding gift from you amd LOVE it! It is too early to put up the tree?
2. Please post that letter asap.
3. I've been getting about 80 FB messages from Cathy per day.

Maryellen said...

I laughed out loud when I read about Spencer's opinion of the chicken and vegetables meal. I even read that part to John. I'm giggling now as I write this response. It reminded me of the time I made barbecue tofu sandwiches. John very sweetly said, "Um, Baby...you don't need to make this again."

Cat said...

I saw Megan at a baby shower today and she told me I'd made the blog. I was so excited! Last time I made the blog, I think I had to go to Arizona. Also, I did not leave Megan 80 FB messages a day, it was about 8 for the WHOLE week. And it's her own fault for getting me excited about a potential trip. :) Also, I have not caugt up to here yet, but I figured I'd leave one comment in a timely manner hee hee.