Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Breaking all the Rules

I was a regular rule breaker today. Watch out world.

#1 Rule Breaking: I took Elliott to 2 stores. 

Our pediatrician told us to keep him home until the end of April, but we decided that to be extra safe we would tack on the month of May before we left the house with him.  We're having his picture taken at Sears tomorrow and to recreate the pictures of Spencer at 4 months we need a white diaper cover.  Target provided it for us for Spencer, but Sears has no such arrangement.  In order to make dinner, eat dinner, nurse Elliott twice during the evening hours and get the kids to bed at a decent time I had to run my 2 errands before Michael got home from work.  I would have never done this in February or March or even 3 weeks ago, but I convinced myself it was OK on April 25th. 

So, I took both kids to Carters and bought this:
because it came with this:

#2 Rule Breaking:  I'm going to return the entire ensemble as soon as the pictures are taken. 

The second store we went to was Macy's.  I FINALLY bought a new purse after mine was stolen 13 months ago.  I bought it over the weekend when Macy's was pre-selling stuff for their big sale, so I had to go back to get it today.

Um, I guess I only broke 2 rules today.  And one of them will technically be broken this weekend when I return the dress.  I'm still keeping the post title though.

Couple more things:

Erin asked if I could meet them at school, instead of her picking up Spencer from the house, because she was running really late today.  Elliott seems to have forgotten how to move into deep sleep during the night and past about 2 am sleeps lightly for the rest of the night.  He cries out, moves around and is generally obnoxious.  I'm breaking out my entire bag of tricks to get him to calm and settle down all night long.  Without deep sleep he's waking up pretty unrested.  This is what happened during the 1 mile trip to school today:

Spencer and I made airplanes out of clothespins and popsicle sticks.
Ginger got her sutures out and is finally out of the cone.  It's nice to have a normal dog back.  Can you see that little patch on her right leg where the hair is shorter?  That's where they put the IV during the surgery.  The idea of a dog with an IV is just ridiculous.  I like to think of her pushing her IV stand into the backyard so she can pee.

The type of tumor she had was called a cutaneous hemangiosarcoma.  It's very fun to say.  I told Michael that if I'm ever kidnapped that should be the question to establish proof of life.  But now I've gone and put it out there and ruined it.

Cuteaneous hemangiosarcoma.  Go ahead.  Say it.


Hopefully the next post will include adorable pictures from Sears and not the text of a strongly worded letter to Sears.  I have a coupon for a free 16 X 20 and I happen to have a frame that size so we're going to get a picture of the 2 boys just because it's free.  I wonder which one will ruin the shot and my plan.

1 comment:

3in3mom said...

I"ll buy the little diaper cover from you--I need a white one :)