Sunday, March 18, 2012

A very green day

Spencer recovered from his ear infection nicely.  He was begging to come home on Tuesday night, but by the time he had 2 doses of antibiotics and some of the pain relief ear drops he changed his mind and decided to stay in Tucson.  My mom brought him home on Friday night.  We were so glad to see him.  We really missed him.  Don't tell him, but we were ready for him to go back by Saturday morning.

The reason he came home Friday night and didn't stay longer was because we had signed him up for a class through parks and recs, and it started Saturday morning.  Michael took him and wouldn't you know it- the class (all 6 sessions) was cancelled because not enough kids signed up.  NOBODY called to tell us ahead of time.  I was pretty annoyed.  Spencer handled it well. We signed him up for a baseball class that starts in a month and that is what he is most excited about.

They played at the park for a little bit so that the trip wasn't totally wasted and then came home. I wanted to have a special St. Patrick's Day breakfast for Spencer so my mom (who had spent the night) helped to make green waffles. 
I was going to make green smoothies to go with the waffles, but wouldn't you know it- our blender broke the day before.  We got it as a wedding gift.  It makes me sad that our wedding presents are wearing out.  I guess that is a sign of a good, lasting marriage though.  I doubt Kim Kardashian wore out any of her wedding gifts.  Instead of green smoothies Michael stopped on the way home and got Shamrock milkshakes from McDonald's.  They were very sweet.  I was not really a fan.
After breakfast I wanted to take some pictures of the boys.  Spencer said he would if he could take my picture first.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Later that day, while Elliott and Michael napped, Spencer and I went shopping.  We bought some spring time (lighter) footy jammies.  They were an appropriate color for the day.
Look at how long and skinny they make him look.
Maryellen and her husband John invited everyone over for burgers on Saturday night.  It was our great fortune that everyone else (except their friend James) was busy or sick.  No kids and healthy adults meant that we could take Elliott with us.  It was his first dinner party!  We ate delicious burgers and then while I nursed Elliott in the back room and Maryellen kept me company, the boys played pool.  Spencer took the pictures.


John and Maryellen had joked earlier in the night that James looked like he belonged in our family because we were all wearing green.  So we decided to take some family photos.
Welcome to the family James!
It was such a simple little night but it was wonderful because we finally all got to get out of the house and have some fun.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I wish I didn't have a 2.5 yr old so you could come hang out here...come May I expect some play dates! Adults included!

Cat said...

Glad you had a good St. Patrick's Day!