Friday, March 9, 2012

All the babies

My friend Laura gave birth to her second daughter, Samantha, on February 13th.  Birth weight: 9 pounds 1 ounce.  On day one she was already bigger than Elliott at 2 months.

My cousin and his wife had their second son, Cannon, on February 25th.  Birth weight: 8 pounds 13 ounces.  On day one he was already bigger than Elliott at 2 months and a week.

Amy gave birth to her second son, Trenton, this morning.  Birth weight: 6 pounds 10 ounces.  Thank you, Trenton, for making Elliott feel like not so much of a wimp.

I went to visit Amy this evening.  She is in the same hospital where I lived for 2 weeks.  Thank goodness she is not in the same room.  I don't think I could have done it.  I did see an awful lot of the same nurses I had in the hallways/at the nurses stand.

Here's little baby Trenton.  He was about 14 hours old.
I wore that sweatshirt on purpose because I was going to do a whole comparison photo of when I went to see Amy in the hospital with her first born, 23 months ago.  I somehow was able to remember that is what I was wearing.  Then I came home and checked my photo archives.  Should have checked before I left. 

This was actually the day after Jake was born.
This was the day of his birth.
Dammit.  I messed up the photo comparison of children that are not even mine.  I'm a little stressed.  Michael said I was stupid to worry about it.  Nice words Michael.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Guess you have to go back today to see him!

Cat said...

There must be something in the water. Three of my friends are pregnant right now as are several people I work with.