Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29

Leap Day 2008


Leap Day 2012

I can remember taking those pictures in 2008 like it was yesterday.  Spencer was almost 6 months old and was just barely starting to sit on his own.  I can remember sitting him in the crib and making him smile so I could get some cute shots to commemorate his first Leap Day.  Then I emailed them to people because I didn't blog yet.  It seems impossible that it was 4 years ago.  When Leap Day comes around again Spencer will be 8.  That is unbelievable.

And now, here we are with 2 kids on Leap Day.
Elliott, being 2.5 months old, is nowhere near old enough to be sitting on his own.

This pillow was a joke in providing support.
A bigger one, vertical?
Better
We had an appointment with our pediatrician yesterday.  Elliott got the rota virus vaccine because Dr. Miloh said it was fine to do so.  So far Elliott's had no reactions to anything.  Spencer never had reactions with any of his shots, so hopefully Elliott will follow in the same footsteps.  We also started him on some of the special MCT supplementary formula today.  Our pediatrician wanted us to start it now so that when we see the nutritionist in a week we can see how much he has gained and the nutritionist can then recommend that we give him more, less or the same.  I am giving him 10-15 mL (which is 2-3 teaspoons) every time I nurse.  She wants me to give him small amounts all day long as opposed to one large amount once a day because it will help him to better absorb breast milk each time he nurses.  So far, so good.  This formula has a very strong taste and some babies refuse it, but  I am giving it to him by syringe so he just thinks it is more medicine and he loves medicine.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Leap Day! I usually like the extra day in Feb but this month I would have been fine without it!

Megan said...

I LOVE that you made Spencer pose with the same toy he posed with as a baby!

Maryellen said...

Great pictures Momma!!

Cat said...

As always, love the pics. Wishing Elliot (and YOU) well.