Sunday, November 13, 2011

Veterans Day Weekend

Did everybody enjoy their long holiday weekend?  We had a wonderful weekend.

On Friday we took the light rail for the 1st time ever.  We went to downtown Phoenix to watch the Veterans Day Parade.  It took about 4 times as long to ride the light rail compared to just driving, but we were doing it more for the experience than to save time.


The parade was great.  Lots of people, lots of floats and balloons.
Although I could have gone my entire life without seeing the Sun City Pom Poms.
I commend you for your athleticism late in life, but, cover up ladies.  This is not a good look.






Friday night we went out to dinner and a balloon artist conned us into getting this hat for Spencer.
We started the day on Saturday by attending a sibling adjustment class for Spencer.

He learned how to hold a baby.
How to feed a baby
(side note: I was very pleased that they actually explained that moms nurse babies but they can put some milk in a bottle so that big brothers and sisters can help.)
How to burp a baby.
How to change a diaper.

And how to sing to a baby.
They also made birthday cards for their little brothers and sisters.
It was a really good class.  I'm glad we went.

After the class I met my friends for lunch.  Amy was hosting a ladies get-together lunch in my honor to celebrate the impending arrival of Elliott.

We met at Macaroni Grill.  Unbeknownst to any of us Macaroni Grill is out of business.  We formulated Plan B.  We went to On the Border. 
It was a lovely lunch with my wonderful friends.  They were all so generous and I have some great new books to read to Elliott.  I have no evidence of it though because I took 0 pictures.

Later on Saturday Spencer showed off his flexibility.

And posed with the nutcracker I bought him at Hobby Lobby after lunch. $5.  They already have a lot of their Christmas stuff 50% off!
Today, Sunday, was a momentous day. 

Spencer has slept in the twin bed in our room twice in the last 6-8 weeks.  Once, about 2 weeks ago, when he had a bad dream at 2am and once last weekend when we made him sleep with us since Chelsea and her kids were in his room. 

With the twin bed next to our bed I have to climb to the end of the bed to get up.  This has not been a problem until, oh, 2 nights ago.  I had to heave myself up at 1 am and it was not pleasant.  Michael and I have tried switching sides of the bed but I can't sleep on his side.

So, today we took the twin bed down.  It's the first time since Spencer was born that we don't have a crib, toddler bed or twin bed pushed up next to our bed.

It means that I can have my side table and lamp back.

I predict that I will actually fall out of bed tonight because I have become accustomed to having a whole extra bed next to my bed in which to spread out on.  It will be nice to just roll out of bed when I have to go to the bathroom 4 times though.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Was that the Macaroni Grill over here on Ray? If so, that's not good, the Rock Bottom there closed a few months ago too. Glad you had a good weekend.

Cat said...

So does Spencer change all the diapers now? :-)