Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stats

Blogger has a very interesting feature known as Stats.  I started blogging in December, 2008.  The Stats tab became "operational" in May, 2009, but I didn't really notice it until about 6 months ago.  Once I started checking it though, it became a habit to check it regularly.

I copied this on Sunday.  I don't track my own pageviews so this is the tally of how many other pageviews there are on my blog from May '09 until Sunday.  The all time history number blows my mind.  I assume my mother and mother-in-law account for, like, half of that. 

It's hard to read this next chart.  I apologize. I can't change the colors or make it any bigger. 

These are the page views of individual blog posts.  My most popular, with 337 views, is Wonder Pets. Rounding out the top five are, A Girly Room (194 views), then Sleep (124 views), then Vermont: Day 3 (104 views), then Thanksgiving and Peanut Butter (cake and jelly) (82 views).

I get a spam comment on Sleep at least once a day and usually two a day.   I've debated taking that post down just to stop the spam.
This chart shows my #6-10 most viewed posts.
This chart better explains why some of these posts are viewed most often.  It you google "wonder pets" my blog shows up in the results.  That's why that post been viewed over 300 times.  "Jumbo cupcakes" is responsible for the popularity of the Muffins and Cupcakes post.  My favorite search is "sloth from the goonies".  That explains the Vermont, Day 3 post.  I used a picture of him in that post.
(Refresh your memory here.)
These are the stats that puzzle me the most.  These numbers are for all time history of page views.  Obviously most are going to come from the United States.  I live here and everybody I know lives here.
575 views from South Korea.  Really?
Is this guy sneaking over the border at night to get his blog on?

193 views from Malaysia?  Huh?

150 views from Russia?  Former Roommate Megan?  Did you log on to my blog A LOT when you traveled there the past two years?

I want to know who is reading my blog from these places.  Speak up.

5 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

i didn't know this existed! i'm so checking my out now!

Megan said...

Ha! When I saw that, I was thinking that some of the Russias were from me. While I have been there a total of about 30 days in the past 2 years, I don't think all 150 are from me :) I did read your blog from the Dublin airport - that's when I found out you were pregnant!

Krista said...

I almost never look at my stats, but a year or so ago when I first did I too was astounded! I also tried to get some feedback as to who is actually out there, but still to this day I have 13 followers and nearly no one comments - except for you!

Cat said...

I was not aware of the stats either. I must check this out.

Cat said...

I was not aware of the stats either. I must check this out.