Friday, November 4, 2011

29 weeks

I entered week #29 of this pregnancy on Wednesday.  There are 8 more weeks until I am full term and 11 more weeks until my due date.

I had a check-up and ultrasound on Tuesday.  The ultasound tech did a careful examination and took extra pictures of the placenta, cervix and pockets of amniotic fluid to see if there was any indication as to what caused the bleeding at Disneyland.  There is nothing out of the ordinary.  Everything looks normal and healthy.

About 4 days before the ultrasound I told Michael that I thought Elliott was turning head down.  There was one day that I felt a whole lot of movement that felt very strange.  It took my breath away to be perfectly honest.  Sure enough, the ultrasound confirmed he is head down.  The tech tried and tried and tried to get a good shot of his face, but this is what he was doing the whole time:
 
He's going to have to get over being camera shy if he's going to be a part of this family.

These were the best she could do.


Also, no 3-D or 4-D pictures this time.  That was a little disappointing.

Other highlights of the appointment:

Elliott was reconfirmed as being male.

My glucose tolerance screening was normal.  No gestational diabetes.

Elliott is measuring 7 days ahead of my due date.  Based on my due date I was 28 weeks 6 days at the time of the ultrasound.  Based on his size I was 29 weeks 6 days.  They did not, however, change my due date.

Elliott's current size is estimated at 3 pounds 3 ounces.  It's the 66th Percentile.  The average for 29 weeks is 2 pounds 8 ounces.  My comments about that:
1) It is crazy that there are percentiles for fetuses.
2) Spencer was in the 50% Percentile for about 35 seconds when he turned 1.  Other than those 35 seconds he has been between the 1st and 20th Percentiles for his whole life.  For about 6 months (between 3 and 9 months) he actually fell off the growth chart.  66th Percentile seems remarkably large.
3) I feel guilty that Elliott is not even born and I'm already comparing the two.

We can't wait to meet him.  After December 28th. 

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great update! Glad all is still good and that he is still a he :)

Karen said...

Yeah, I don't get the percentiles for fetuses either. Tyler measured 1 week larger than he should have at all my ultrasounds and he did arrive exactly 1 week early so who knows.

Anonymous said...

Papa and Grandma can't wait either. Glad everything is OK.

Maryellen said...

I'm happy everything is going well with you and Elliott. I'm looking forward to eating lunch with you two next week!!

Megan said...

I would really like him to arrive Dec 31st.