Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A weekend in Tucson

We went to Tucson 4 times in 6 weeks during June and July.  Then we stayed home for 9 weeks.  We've been really busy on the weekends and there hasn't been any event going on in Tucson that we needed to attend.

This past weekend we finally made the trek because 1) my sister-in-law, Kendra, was in town for a wedding and 2) my mom's very good friend, Ellen, passed away after a long illness.  There was a celebration of her life (an Ellebration, if you will) at my parent's house on Sunday. 

So, we haven't seen Kendra since Thanksgiving.  Did I take one picture of us with her?

No.

But I do have this shot of Ginger trying to make herself comfortable under the kitchen table.  Silly dog was on top of the base of the chair.  That can't feel good.  Just move Ginger.
We ate at Michael's parent's house on Sunday morning.  After breakfast I took advantage of the grandparents playing with Spencer and Michael watching football and went to take a nap.  After a few minutes I was astonished (really, astonished. That's not exaggerating) to hear rain pounding on the roof.  We went outside to discover a huge rain cloud dumping rain on the backyard.  The rest of the sky was cloudless and blue.

Once the rain let up a bit Spencer jumped right in.



Then sat down.
Then rolled around a bit.


Then stripped down.
And had a grand ol' time running around naked.



Sunday afternoon was the memorial service.  I got to spend time with friends I have known my whole life but don't get to see often enough.  April, Ellen's niece, and Tyrel, Ellen's son.

Then it was back home to start another 6 weeks of busyness.  Really, it's going to busy from now until New Year's Day.  And then we'll have a baby.

And then we'll know what busy really is.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the cartoon clothes! -Megan

Rylan - Art and Appetite said...

Hehe, actually, I'm just like Michael. I, too hate piles of shoes by the door! Haha. Your boy is soo adorable! So cute! Looks like he is having a blast.