Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thief

I started reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo back in mid-June.  I loved it.  I couldn't put it down.  I read it in 3 days.  I started The Girl Who Played With Fire the day after.  I also loved it.  I finished it in 3 days.  I had borrowed the first two books, but couldn't find anybody who actually owned the third, so I was forced to order it from Amazon (used).  I've had it since mid-July, but have been hesitant to start it.  #1. I needed to plan around my schedule so that I could get sucked into it and do nothing but read for a while. #2.  It's always kind of disappointing when you finish a series of books because there is nothing left.
On Sunday afternoon I took a 3 hour nap.  I was tired from all the birthday party festivites.  That set me up for a late night on Sunday.  I decided to read in Elliott's room because it is cool in there and the glider is a comfy reading spot.  I started reading after Spencer went to bed.  I read until 3 am. 

At one point I got up to go to the bathroom.  I was gone for less than 1 minute.

This is what I came back to:

Little thief. 

In less than 1 minute she jumped up, made herself cozy and fell asleep.

We're going to have to start leaving that door closed because every time I come home I hear the glider hit the wall as she jumps down.  Of all the places in the whole house (including her 4.2 million beds) this has to be her preferred snooze spot?

Oh, and speaking of the thief known as Ginger.  She developed some sort of cyst on her nipple (I know, really) and it was bleeding, rather profusely, the other day.  We cleaned it, shaved all around it, cleaned it again, put ointment on it and put a band aid on it.  She was not pleased with us.

P.S. I finished The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest in less than 3 days.  It's almost 600 pages.  My head was spinning by the time I was done.  I think there were 800 characters with Swedish names to keep track of.  I'm disappointed that it's done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every single night when I leave my bedroom to brush my teeth, I come back into my room to Duncan on the pillow. And every single night, I kick him out, yet he continues to do it! It's our fault for warming up the spots for them. -Megan

Karen said...

I was at the library with Tyler this morning and as we were walking through the aisles I happened to glance up and there was The Hornet's Nest book right on the end of the Large Print section! Am I a bad person for checking it out and preventing the people who can't see from getting it??

The GVZs said...

I started Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on a work trip but left it on the airplane. And I forgot all about it until just right now. I should try again.

Cat said...

I've only read the first one, but it sounds like I should try the second and third ones too.