Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A manly room

OK.  It's not really manly, but it definitely says boy.

The theme is farm. 

This is the crib set.
I know this crib set is very youthful and I said I wanted to have stuff that wasn't so babyish, but I plan on using more "mature" accessories.  I think the farm theme is appropriate up to age 10, so I know it won't last until the kid leaves for college.
I could also just skip the crib set and get farm themed crib sheets.
And/or cow crib sheets.
Which would tie in very nicely with these cow sheets for the twin bed.
Or maybe we could incorporate some tractors with this John Deere set for the twin bed.
This is technically a shower curtain, but I would totally use it in place of closet doors.  Adorable.
And this cute little valance.

Accessories.

I already have this pig lamp.  I bought it for my office about 6 years ago and it somehow ended up in Spencer's jungle themed room.  I'm going to have to be sneaky about getting it out of there.  I might have to find a giraffe lamp to replace it.
I love this red barn lamp.  A baby can never have too many lamps.
How about this pig hamper for dirty clothes?
And this rooster hamper for toys?
A beautiful farm step stool (bonus: it opens for storage).

And this matching farm toy chest.
Our boy name is not Jessie, but I think this personalized print is a nice touch.
We already have this piggy bank,
and this cow bank.
I think the sheep bank finishes the set nicely.
I'd also like to hang some animal prints on the wall: cow, chicken, pig, sheep, etc.  I go back and forth between real pictures and paintings.  Do you think a picture of a real cow hanging on the wall would be terrifying for a baby?

It's better than a clown, right?

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love those cow sheets, but I'm still pulling for the zebra room! PS. All your talk about risk factors from the previous post is scaring me. I better get on this baby making thing quick!

Chelsea said...

Totally manly.
Cow pic is totally better than a clown.
I love the tractor set :)

Maryellen said...

You found the most adorable accessories! I'm not really sure what my favorite is because they're all awesome! To answer your question about the real cow picture being scary or not...I think it would depend on the cow.

The GVZs said...

It's totally cute, but I have to be honest with you.... no 10 year old boy would be caught dead in a farm themed room. 10 years old is all about Batman. :)